Sign in to follow this  
onebob

GTN750 and Nav2

Just installed ver 1.8 into P3d ver 3.23.

Having some issues with the nav radios on the GTN750 441. The frequencies are the same when changing, so in fact you don't have a Nav2 option unlike the GNS530 441.

I did have a problem also with trying to fly a vor course, when I swapped to the GNS version and back to the GTN ver it was ok. I could central the needle and fly the course.

Also when flying an approach which buttons on the Autopilot do I engage.

bob

Again on the Cessna 441

Using the GNS530 ver I can't get the 'ENT' button to accept/activate the 'DIRECT-to'.

bob

Hi Bob

Did you ever solve this? I have the same issue and I think it stops the ILS descent component as well.

Cheers

Matt Attwell

Hi Bob

Did you ever solve this? I have the same issue and I think it stops the ILS descent component as well.

Cheers

Matt Attwell

Hi Matt, haven't used it since,(tell you the truth I had forgotten I made this post) but now I have P3D ver 3.35 I will have another look at it.

bob

I have the same issue and I think it stops the ILS descent component as well.

Matt, re-downloaded and installed it today. Been doing some test flights most of the day, think this is what we need to do.:-

1) go to the F1GTN configurator and change the 441 autopilot ( click on the 750GTN750 unit1) from HDG state to Nav.

2) when flying a ILS approach click the GS button and this will engage the glide slope (and VOR approach as well)

bob

Managed to sort out the nav1 and nav2 frequencies being the same, Needed to change the F1GTN750 configuration file and swap the coms/nav2 to coms1/nav1.

bob

Hi Bob.

Thanks a million :) Has made a difference can now do ILS descents when it's poor visibility.

Can I ask one other question?

Love the aircraft but on landing I seem to have a bit of a problem controlling steering just after touch down, hard move usually to the right and I have even with full left rudder and brake a real problem keeping on the runway. I have it a little in say the Mitusibshi from Flysimware but the Cessna does it a lot more.

It's probably a real life thing but I wondered if you get it too?

Thanks again for the help, Indinfind Flysimware aircraft a real feeling compared to real aircraft I flown (smaller!).

Kind Regards

Matt Attwell

Love the aircraft but on landing I seem to have a bit of a problem controlling steering just after touch down,

Mine seem ok, do have slight problems when applying brakes on the pedals, the differential stick on.

I use to calibrate the rudder through FSuipc4, but changed to P3D controls set-up. try this and make sure the sensitivity is set correct. max sensit' and min nul

bob