Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Sudden pop up. "Simconnect does not answer more than 50 seconds"?

26128520843_0f844b6740_o.jpg

I suddenly started getting this pop up message when I start P3D V2.3

Any idea what this is? How do I fix it?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Unfortunately the window header is cut off, but this looks like the EZDOK warning that it could not connect to SimConnect. Is something preventing your P3D from starting up right away? Or has something happened to your SimConnect install?

This message was quite common with FSX if you had the "..trust.." warning up for new gauges and did not click on it in time.

LORBY-SI

Unfortunately the window header is cut off,

header says "confirm"

and yes EZDok did not get loaded. Sigh..  I did not change anything..it was working. Sigh!

Any ideas what I need to reinstall?

Manny

That depends on what the problem is. Usually these things don't happen by themselves, something must have been changed.

1. Do as the window suggests, open the EZCA config tool (config.exe) and (re-) select your simulator make and version

2. Does your P3D otherwise start up normally or is something blocking it? Are you using some sort of startup manager or other addons that are loaded on startup?

3. Try to start EZDOK.exe when your simulator is already running, see if it works (if it does, then the problem is not SimConnect)

4. What version of EZDOK are you using exactly? And are you really on P3D 2.3 or is that a typo?

LORBY-SI

That depends on what the problem is. Usually these things don't happen by themselves, something must have been changed.

1. Do as the window suggests, open the EZCA config tool (config.exe) and (re-) select your simulator make and version

2. Does your P3D otherwise start up normally or is something blocking it? Are you using some sort of startup manager or other addons that are loaded on startup?

3. Try to start EZDOK.exe when your simulator is already running, see if it works (if it does, then the problem is not SimConnect)

4. What version of EZDOK are you using exactly? And are you really on P3D 2.3 or is that a typo?

1. Will try that let yoiu know

2. YEs P3D starts fine without EZDOK

3. will try

4. I am on P3D V3.2

Edited to add:

I did a restore to two weeks ago.. and I think I don't have this issue... Maybe too soon to celeberate.. LEt me try this for a while

And thanks Oliver for your help and advice.

:)

Manny

It pops up because it is taking P3D longer than 50 seconds to start, and is from Ezdok. Just hit YES and ignore it.

Or

http://www.avsim.com/topic/484546-how-do-i-install-ezdok-camera-prepar3d-v3/?p=3394297

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310