Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

FS2004 Install block

A32xx thank you so much will instal 9.1 update as advised, i'm using Windows 7 at present also thanks Peter i'll give that a whirl if the 9.1 update doesn't resolve it, will keep you all posted and thank you for your amazing support feels like a death in the family not being able to fly at the moment

cheers

Richard

Hi A32xx

Aren't these steps just a way to avoid the previous KB update which caused so many problems, I removed that a long time ago and I have a reinstall problem now, but there is no problem I can see or heard about now which is affecting FS2004

Thank you

Richard

Hi A32xx

Aren't these steps just a way to avoid the previous KB update which caused so many problems, I removed that a long time ago and I have a reinstall problem now, but there is no problem I can see or heard about now which is affecting FS2004

Thank you

Richard

You removed the update a long time ago. But windows updates will most likely have reinstalled it.

Peter Schluter

Hi Peter first think I checked to see if it had reinstalled but it wasn't on the Windows update list again.

I've uninstalled my IFly 737NG  I've downloaded FS9.1  deleted and re built my FS9 Cfg  Windows on their troubleshooter function says my FS9 is incompatible, but FS2004 is Windows 7 compatible and was working perfectly on C/programsX86

microsoft games FS9 before so i'm really lost nothing seems to get me past the initail FS2004 screen. 

It might be something still lurking in your registry. Run Wise Registry Cleaner and autoruns. They are both free.

Hi Guys well thank you so much for your great support finally my FS2004 has been reinstalled successfully a few objects lurking in the Programs x86 snagging things up on the good side, on the bad side still can't get the elevator independently return to its neutral position after the yoke has been pushed forwards or backwards hence the aircraft either  pitches upwards nose up like a rocket or downwards obviously.

I have tried to use the fs2004 Joystick calibration tool for some reason the Axis calibration slider doesn't work on that when the Calibration tool instructs me to move the Z axis and later X axis all the way up and down and i've tried the latest CH Products Manager and nothing alters the elevator there either.

Using Windows 7 I was trying to find a previous download i was told about 3 years ago when I had this problem which instantly returned my elevator to its correct position this was WingMan Clear Calibration Utility for game controllers by Logitech but sadly though they have a Windows 7 Utility to scan the drivers and give results they don't have the download clear calibration I used before. I wonder if anyone out there using CH Products 3 lever Yoke with FS2004 has had any problems with their elevators and knows a solution to retify or calibrate this

Many Thanks

Richard

I used to use the CH yoke.

First , uninstall the CH calibration software.  Then use use windows "devices and printers" to calibrate the yoke. If at this stage you are not getting normal movement on the axes there is something wrong with the yoke itself.

If it does calibrate normally, start FS9 and calibrate through that also.. If you want more control over your calibration I suggest the payware version of FSUIPC. Better than the CH software.

Peter Schluter

Great Peter thank you, thats why I unistalled my FS2004 to see if its calibtartion tool would work on a reinstall but alas no and threre followed all the grief of trying to reinstall it again and after that the FS2004 joystick calibration tool only worked in part.

All the aspects of the Yoke work except the control of elevator okay Peter i'll get rid of the CH Products Manager and try devices and printers but as mentioned my FS2004 calibration tool is faulty in one area. I'm not that familiar with FSUIPS but i'll look into the elevator calibration aspects Peter are you using FSUIPS ? will i need a degree in space science to understand its calibration aspects ?

Many Thanks

Richard

Hi Peter

your right and with a calibration tool incapable of doing that aligned with a yoke long past its sell by date I think I have to bite the bullet and splash the cash for a new one  thanks again Peter