Sign in to follow this  
mrfuni

Air Scheffel Boeing 737-800 (Full Package)

Hello everyone,I searched but did not find any reference to the great 737-800 by Arjan Scheffel in the forums. I would like to say thanks for a great package! As of today, there have been 3217 downloads. I would have thought there would have been several folks already talking about such a fine 737 sim.The immersion factor is quite good in this plane. Arjan has built in some great features. The Stewardess announcements are automatic. One of them even brings coffee to the flight deck. The automatic checklist is wonderful. The plane handles very well. The 2D panel is very well done and there are the 2D side and back views. There is no VC but I don't miss it at all in this plane.All in all, I think Arjan has done a fantastic work!Well done!Thanks,Earlsee: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=75058 as_b738_174854.zip

I think even with a nice freeware addon like this one is; it is a little hard for some of us PDMG NG users to pull ourselves completely away to try another 737NG product. Pesonally I love coffee, but would start missing my FMC/CDU if there wasn't one in the Arjan Scheffel package, of equal stature. It would be great if this featured another aircraft type. I'd be all over it.

Tony,Thanks for the reply! I was beginning to think I was in a different time warp or something! :-hmmm 3355 people downloaded this plane with no mention of it in the forums! Wow! No wonder free ware designers are either quitting or going pay ware. I think we owe at least a "thank you" to folks who obviously spent so much time on a plane package. I'm as guilty, or more so than anyone, for not doing saying it more often, so I'm preaching to myself folks! :-) Thanks for listening.I figured the PMDG plane popularity and even just the "here's another 737, ho hum" feeling was the cause. Those are good reasons I must admit. But, 3355 people! And the fact is, the plane package is very well thought out, well done. The checklist walks you through from dark cockpit to shut down on the destination airport gate. The monitors work in the passenger cabin! A stewardess brings coffee to the flight deck....This is a good plane package for long hauls, there is a lot to do to keep you busy.It sounds like this is my favorite new plane.... it is! I can't bring myself to fly anything else right now. I would miss all these features.Oh well. Enough already. Please everyone just try the plane if you want to. I think you will be impressed. If you are, please come back and tell Arjan how much you appreciate his work, ok? :-cool Thanks,Earl

I think it is a good idea, to give praise where it is due. This package seems to be well planned and thought out. Some of the features you listed are only normally in payware. So to see something of this sophistication is a really good deal. I think I'll try it out just for the fun of it

Oh yea, almost forgot...most of the great freeware packages are only made known to us by guys like you. :-) That bring attention to great little jewels we have in the avsim library. Thanks alot for the heads up.

Guest william273

hi earl, just wanted to jump in on this too. you're absolutly right about saying "THANKS" to the designers who make these aircraft and panels. not blowing my own horn here but i ALWAYS send an email to every designer whos aircraft or panel i download and keep. i'm wondering HOW anyone cannot do that?!!! i mean, geez people, get your stuff together and send an email!!! what was it? 3000+ downloads and not even a mention here? this type of indecency really gets me hot under the collar. it's disgusting. yea, i want everyone to know. william

Guest william273

by the way earl, where is this tasty little morsel? william

The link is under his name. Nice package.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest william273

just found it, thanks. yum yum. will

Hi I totaly agree brilliant package well thought out.Thanks again to another selfless person who is prepared to spend a considerable amount of time to benifit others without expectation of reward more like this could sort world problems never mind flight simulation.Thanks again for a nice one. JohnThe propeller is just a big fan to keep the pilot cool watch him sweat when it stops

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I hope you enjoy the plane and package. It still seems like there should be many more people posting. I just checked, 3526 people have downloaded as of this morning. Oh well. I don't mean to be critical. I am guilty of this in the past.... and, maybe most of them sent Arjan an email directly.God bless,Earl

The author of this great looking plane states in the read me file the system requirements. He has an AMD64 4500, ata raid HD's, 9800pro. I have an AMD2800xp ,7200rpm drives with an Nvidia6800GT AGP 1.5 gigs ram on Win2000pro. Can anyone tell me how it runs on a machine with my similar specs? I already downloaded it, but I don't want to install it until I know if I'm kidding myself if it will run. I also use only one 22" monitor. Best regards, Jeff

It would be nice if you guys that have already installed it and are currently flying it would post some pics in the screenshot forum. :-)

Jeff,I have PIII800, 384 SDRAM, FX5600XT w/256DDR VRAM, Win98SE, 1 monitor. I am getting very good frames. You should run great with it! Now go fly this bird and get immersed!Good flying!BestEarl

Thanks Earl, That is exactly what I plan on this evening now that I have hope. Have a good night everyone. Best regards, Jeff