Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

The GUI is Gone!

Hello,

The other day Pilot2ATC v.2 was working just fine, now when I open the .exe file with Administrator, it loads up normally and looks like it is opening, but there is no GUI at all.

The Pilot2ATC icon shows as if it is open on my Task Bar, but there is no window for it.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thank you,

Bob

Bob,

This is an unfortunate Windows issue I've run into with several programs.  To resolve it:

1. Minimize all other windows to make all your screen visible
  2. Start Pilot2ATC
  3. After it loads and there is an icon on the task bar, look for a very small window with just part of the command bar visible.  If you find it, enlarge and you're done
  4. If nothing visible on screen, Hover over the task bar icon until the larger icon appears above it
  5. Right-click the large icon and select Restore from the menu
  6. Right-click again and select Move
  7. Use the Right arrow key to try and bring it over from off the screen (come in from the left)
  8. If no joy, use the Left arrow key to try and bring it in from screen right
  9. Once it is visible, your mouse will move it and then you can click the mouse to stop the movement
  10. Finally, resize and start using normally

Not sure exactly why this happens, but basically, Windows is positioning the program window on a part of the screen that is not visible, as if you have an additional screen hooked up to your computer.

Regards,

Dave

Bob,

This is an unfortunate Windows issue I've run into with several programs.  To resolve it:

1. Minimize all other windows to make all your screen visible
  2. Start Pilot2ATC
  3. After it loads and there is an icon on the task bar, look for a very small window with just part of the command bar visible.  If you find it, enlarge and you're done
  4. If nothing visible on screen, Hover over the task bar icon until the larger icon appears above it
  5. Right-click the large icon and select Restore from the menu
  6. Right-click again and select Move
  7. Use the Right arrow key to try and bring it over from off the screen (come in from the left)
  8. If no joy, use the Left arrow key to try and bring it in from screen right
  9. Once it is visible, your mouse will move it and then you can click the mouse to stop the movement
  10. Finally, resize and start using normally

Not sure exactly why this happens, but basically, Windows is positioning the program window on a part of the screen that is not visible, as if you have an additional screen hooked up to your computer.

Regards,

Dave

Thank you Dave.  That worked real well. It really had me scratching my head, but your instructions will help me if I ever run into this with any other program too.  I really appreciate it. 

Bob