Sign in to follow this  
ailchim

MRAI Flight Plans

Guest Kingairdriver

I'm having some trouble adding some third party MRAI flight plans. They say they are in MRAI format, however, when I use the MRAI installer, it states that it's not a valid .zip file. I've tried using the compiler to see if it will convert it to to the correct format, but it appears that nothing happens. Anyone experience this and know a fix for it?

Guest Kingairdriver

Nobody having any trouble with this at all? Can anybody point me in the right direction. I've searched the net and haven't found anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Apparently when these files are uploaded to Avsim, it over-writes an essential text file so that the MRAI Installer can't read them.I'm not aware that there is anyway of rectifying this once it's happened. What you need to look for is download which contain within them a 2nd level zipfile containing the MRAI data.You can un-ZIP this and the MRAI installer will work.If you look at this file: emirates-uae-united_arab_emirates_wi05_fp.zipyou will see that it contains a MRAI zip file- this WILL work.This one fp_amt_aug05_upd.zip says it was compiled using MRAI, but there isn't an MRAI zip file contained within it. Although the files can I'm sure be compiled using Traffic Tools, the MRAI intstaller WILL NOT read them.

ngxu_banner.png

Okay, first thing you need to know is that I may not have the best answer for this, BUT...I got it to work for me last night after much blood shed and anguish and it may be the long way around. So bear with me here.What I ended up doing was:1. Unzipped to temp file so I could see everything and protect the zip.2. I deleted everything except the flight planfile, the aircraft file, and the airport file.3. I have all my MRAI in one folder with the installer which includes TTools by Lee Swordy(Hope you have it. If not, get it from the AVSIM Library.)Copy these 3 file to the same folder where TTools resides.4. Start TTools and SURPRIZE!!... It sees them!!!!5. Complie your flight plan.I had to change my aircraft file to a PAI type format which was okay since TTools really like comma(,) and quotation marks(") which was okay for me since I wanted to use different aircraft for the routes.Remember what the smart people who have been doing this longer than I say over and over and over again. BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU ARE GOING TO MESS UP!!!!!! That way when you do mess up you only lose time.This worked for me and it did not take long at all. Fact is I learned stuff I didn't know before. Good luck:-)Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

MRAI files need to be cleaned of the "avsim.diz" file that gets inserted into the zip. They they will work with the installer.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

MRAI installer files needs to have a comment attached in the zip in order to work correctly. If a MRAI format file is uploaded to Avsim "as is" without beeing zipped to a 2nd level as mentioned above, this comment will be erased, and an Avsim comment will automatically be inserted.What you can do is to open the MRAI zip, go into Actions, Comment, and insert the following:MRAI Release FileThen save and close. If not any other errors, the installer should work ok.