Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

On starting FSX I get Windows Basic & Compatability message

Hi Guys

Can I seek help I'm using FSX Delux with PMDG 737NGX on a windows 7 64 32  when I go to start FSX I get the W7 prompt

Windows colour scheme is changing to Basic because certain parts are not compatable now the Add on's look terrible

please can anyone advise

Many Thanks

Richard Coombs

I'm not sure what add-ons you are using external to FSX, but what you are seeing is normal. FSX cannot run in a Win7 Aero environment and will change Windows to match what it needs.

DJ

Put the following in a batch (*.bat) file and run after FSX starts;

@echo off

net stop uxsms
net start uxsms

It will restart Aero for Win 7 and 8.1. 

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC4 you can add the file to the programs section in FSUIPC.ini and it will execute automatically saving you from having to do it yourself.

You could also use something like SIMstarter NG, which includes the option to restart Aero.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I'm really not a computer whiz and find it strange after so long that I'm now getting these messages, more disturbingly is the game appearance had drastically altered and aerosoft flytampa and other great airports now look childish unrealistic like blocks lacking any realism and the game has slowed noteably as well.

I have replaced the below Drivers to the latest, also had a total Initialization of the computer performed, I was informed my graphic cards Video card are okay yet everything resembles the default sceneries. Have also adjusted the Graphics componants of Windows 7 and my screne but no change sadly

Not sure if the compatability issue is the cause and confused why some people say its unimportant yet so many people seem to have a problem without aero theme and can't remove it, or use FSX without getting these messages, I was even getting them with FS2004 really confused and of course this has totally spoiled my Flight Sim experience.

My specs are below only change is the replacement of my Drivers to up to date ones.

Any pointers much appreciated totally gutted

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (6.1 build 760.1) System Manufacture ASUS

Processor Intel ® Core

15-4670 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz (4CPU's) 3.4Ghz

Memory 16384 MB Ram

BIOS date 04/07/13 Version 03.10

Direct X Version Direct X 11

Display NVDIA GeForce GTX760

Chip Type GeForce GTX 760

DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Approx Total Memory 4042Mb

Current Display mode 1920x1080 (32bit) 60Hz

Drivers