Sign in to follow this  
OwenHewitt

Recording/Replay module: public beta released!

Yes, a short recording could be helpful for me, maybe together with the flight situation saved at the point, where you start playback.Regards,Matthias

Hi,>I think certainly that the same aircraft would need to be>used. As far as scenery (including any AFCAD .bgl files), I>would think that the replay/recorded flight would appear>independent of those parameters. Matthias, am I correct?Yes, same aircraft should be used, using another aircraft on the ground probably results in the wheels floating above or sinking into the ground.Regarding scenery, it will work, as long as runways and taxiways are at the same position. If they are different, the aircraft will of course taxi/takeoff/land in the grass.Regards,Matthias

Guest BOPrey

Matthias,Does your record/playback program record/playback AI traffic correctly? I'm working on a few different projects (free), I can user your help.RegardsWai

Guest SaVas

This is a fantastic addon Matthias! Thanks for sharing with the community the beta

Guest Eagletail

>Mark,>>There are two files in the MODULES folder - RECORDER.DLL and>RECORDER.INI (your preferences file).>>Move them to another location or delete them.>>Cheers,Thanks, Ray, there is definitely no need to delete this - it's a great utility!

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Matthias,I just tried out the Recorder and it worked beautifully. I used 1/4 second recording interval and playback was extremely smooth. As someone who has never tried out recording before with the default FS2004 recorder I have a couple of things I wish for although they are probably out of the question. I wish that it saved the time the flight started, the weather of the flight, and perhaps ATC interaction. Nevertheless your recorder is outstanding!I see some people are saying that the file is pretty small. Well, I think that probably depends on a few things. An individuals definition of a small file, the recording interval, how long of a flight is recorded. I used 1/4 second interval and recorded a flight that was a little over 2 hours. After seeing people say that the file is pretty small I was little surprised at the size of my file. It's 1.59 MB. Am I trying to say that's a problem or that I think it's really big or something? Nope. I'm more or less just saying I thought it would be some really little file like 59 kilobytes or something, lol.Anyway, your recorder is really great Matthias. Thank You for making it! :D>Matthias,>>Does your record/playback program record/playback AI traffic>correctly? I'm working on a few different projects (free), I>can user your help.>>Regards>WaiNo, you will not see the Traffic and Weather as it was during the time of the recording. The AI Traffic and Weather you will see is whatever traffic and weather you have going during the playback. If you want ATC interaction during playback, you will have to do the talking to ATC, it is not recorded either. The recorder records the aircraft, but not the FS2004 enviroment. Nevertheless, the recording of the aircraft is really excellent, no doubt about that. You will see everything the pilot did on the flight, flaps settings, gear retraction/gear down, autopilot settings, prop feathering, mixture adjustment, tailwheel locking/unlocking, ect. I think the only thing you don't see is changes to radio settings, because as I said, it seems you have to tune ATC and talk to them during playback if you want ATC interaction during playback.Cheers,OneTinSoldier

Matthias,I've only observed one issue now that I've used the tool for several days, and I'll post it here in case anyone else can confirm it. Essentially, if the aircraft lights are on or toggled on while the recording is made, they seem to have a "tracer" effect when viewed in playback, especially in spot view mode. Moreover, you can't toggle the lights on or off while flying during playback to turn the effect off--it seems the recorder takes over control of the lights. If the lights are on prior to playback, the recorder also turns them off (if they weren't on during the original recording).I have an enhancement thought for users that wish to record a flight with one aircraft, and playback on another with a similar performance envelope. Create a tool that can "offset" the recorded altitude by a positive or negative amount to compensate for different gear heights. It may be too complex--I guess it depends on how your files are saved. Regards,John

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Again Matthias,I just wanted to let you know about one other wish I have about the Recorder. But please, do not change anything about the Recorder that you do not want to take the time to do. It's really great just as it is. I also realize a 'wishlist' item might not be feasible even if you wished you could implement it.Anyway, my wish is that you would see any pop-ups that the pilot pulled up. For instance, someone makes a recording and they are programming their FMC prior to pushback. The person watching the playback will not know that the reason the jet is just sitting there is because the FMC is being programmed. I have not tried the recorder on a a jet that has an FMC yet, but I would think that I could watch the FMC being programmed during playback, as long as I pulled up the FMC pop-up during the playback with the way the recorder is right now. But I was thinking, if possible, during playback it would be really cool to see the pop-ups appear automagically as done by the pilot during recording.Cheers,OneTinSoldier

Hi John,>I've only observed one issue now that I've used the tool for>several days, and I'll post it here in case anyone else can>confirm it. Essentially, if the aircraft lights are on or>toggled on while the recording is made, they seem to have a>"tracer" effect when viewed in playback, especially in spot>view mode. Moreover, you can't toggle the lights on or off>while flying during playback to turn the effect off--it seems>the recorder takes over control of the lights. If the lights>are on prior to playback, the recorder also turns them off (if>they weren't on during the original recording).I'm not quite sure what you mean by "tracer effect". In one of the alpha versions there was the effect of the lights jumping some feet forward and after during playback, but I thought I solved that problem. Is that the effect you observed? :-hmmm will see if I can reproduce it.For one of the next versions I also plan to add options to the settings dialog, which allow you to choose, which of the recorded variables (control surfaces, flaps, lights, ...) should be set during playback.>I have an enhancement thought for users that wish to record a>flight with one aircraft, and playback on another with a>similar performance envelope. Create a tool that can "offset">the recorded altitude by a positive or negative amount to>compensate for different gear heights. It may be too>complex--I guess it depends on how your files are saved. That's funny, I was thinking about the feature of such an offset just some hours ago ;-) Shouldn't be a big problem to add such a feature to the module, at least if the user manually adjusts the gear height; automatic adjustment would be a bit more complicated, but could also work.Regards,Matthias

Hi Wai,>Does your record/playback program record/playback AI traffic>correctly? I'm working on a few different projects (free), I>can user your help.No, AI traffic is not recorded, as I'm not able to play back the movements of AI aircraft. Also recording of all the AI traffic would make the recorded files quite large.Regards,Matthias

Hi,>Anyway, my wish is that you would see any pop-ups that the>pilot pulled up. For instance, someone makes a recording and>they are programming their FMC prior to pushback. The person>watching the playback will not know that the reason the jet is>just sitting there is because the FMC is being programmed. I>have not tried the recorder on a a jet that has an FMC yet,>but I would think that I could watch the FMC being programmed>during playback, as long as I pulled up the FMC pop-up during>the playback with the way the recorder is right now. But I was>thinking, if possible, during playback it would be really cool>to see the pop-ups appear automagically as done by the pilot>during recording.No, you won't see the FMC being programmed, even if it is popped-up. As FMCs are part of add-on aircraft and not of FS2004, and every FMC is different, I would say it's impossible to record the FMC programming. If you look at the manual, you will find a list of the recorded variables.Popping up the different panels during playback however would be possible, but I don't know how much work it would be to add that.Regards,Matthias

"I'm not quite sure what you mean by "tracer effect". In one of the alpha versions there was the effect of the lights jumping some feet forward and after during playback, but I thought I solved that problem. Is that the effect you observed? will see if I can reproduce it."That's exactly what I am seeing. My scenario is:Full Screen ModeGradual Transitions offPlayback window disabled-John

[span style=font-weight: bold]Hi all,:-jumpy again, please, if you have a problem, also send an email to the support address you can find in the manual.[/span]This makes it easier for me to keep an overview of all problems, and also, if necessary, I can send you modified versions of the module, to find out, what causes the problem.Please include the following information:-detailed description of the problem-system specs-aircraft used-installed addonsRegards, :-wave Matthias

Hi, Matthias.Sorry about the delay. I basically see two problems with the recorder module.I sent you a direct message also.In the .zip I included a prerecorded flight from KSNA 19R to KLGB with the default Cessna 172. I basically take off, climb to 1600, turn right to 270, and intercept the ILS 110.30 into KLGB, my detailed FS9 setup, This message, and my .ini file.My system: Athlon XP3200, XPhome, Ch Pro Pedals, Sidewinder Precision Pro, ATI 9700 Pro 512MB RAM, 2x160GB HD