Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

First introductive use of XPX.50b.x (4 actually)

First impressions,

very impressed...read what they did...viewed what the did...very impressed.

This ain't your grandfather's XPX....

A.I. actually works, from taxi---rotation---landing.  

The autogen is very life-like..and in fact, I had to scale it back from what settings I had in .45

So..first flight...again, most impressed with what the crew achieved.

Wow....

Post Edit...how do I get rid of the tire squawk sound?!?!?   MOST ANNOYING!

Eclipse_54.png

You could change the sound.  Just make a new wav file and place it in the sounds directory, replacing the original.  Make backups.

2016-06-25_21-39-40.png

You could change the sound.  Just make a new wav file and place it in the sounds directory, replacing the original.  Make backups.

attachicon.gif2016-06-25_21-39-40.png

Thank you!  Will do....again...having a blast with B4...I haven't been this impressed between versions of any sim, in a long time. This is huge, and still beta! Wow...

Mitch

With the latest nVidia driver, smooth animation from a low of 11, right up to my usual 30 FPS.  

These shots are my testing dusk to night transition, at Mackinaw Island

Eclipse_58.png

Eclipse_59.png

Eclipse_60.png

Eclipse_61.png

Eclipse_62.png

Final test shots, I have given control to A.I. in mid flight...to see what happens... :)  No tweaks to atmospherics...absolutely stunning dusk transition...

Eclipse_63.png

Eclipse_65.png

This is near Mackinaw Island...and looks very much like Orbx Global....

Eclipse_66.png

A.I. controlled approach to landing...with vectors...simply fantastic graphics!

Eclipse_67.png

Am sitting here, sipping coffee, and being a passenger. A.I. is going through all its new routines, from a perfect approach in the Eclipse 550, with my watching the air-speed bleed, to a perfect 90 knots, to controlled stall.  Perfect taxi to gates, and then the routine will be routed for departure with a new vector plan, as you see me once more heading out to the active under A.I.   Wow...and wow....

Great rotation, and new A.I. vectors to 15,000 ft....

Folks...THIS ROCKS!

Well,have to get outside and do some real-world yard work...but I'd rather play with the B4 'experience'....:)

To the entire XPX .50 crew...from the graphics, autogen, A.I. routines...WELL DONE!   BTW...one bug found in the A.I. control...once the A.I. pilot engages flap settings, the flap setting transition sound keeps looping...and does not shut down.  Just a head's up. This happened in the Eclipse, and in the B90.

Eclipse_72.png

Eclipse_73.png

Eclipse_74.png

Eclipse_76.png

• Upvote 1

Found another possible bug at night...near 15,000 feet...the star-scape is 'dancing'  The stars are moving about, as if 'dancing'. Should be checked out.  I have X-camera in play, but it is not the same as a head movement appearance.