Sign in to follow this  
AdrianoN

Phenom 300 problem P3d 3.2

I bought Phenom 300 with Navigraph expansion and everything installed  but I have a major issue here: When I start the aircraft, I have that popup message saying the database is building, ok, its fine but on map the VORs, fixes, airport icao show without names, not sure why it's happening. I am using Prepar3d 3.2 with windows 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ux0YIUwEZ0&feature=youtu.be

This is not what mine looks like.  This is my screen -

Phenom300.png

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Mine also looks like Jim's (Navigraph 1604 charts)

@AdrianoN

Just a thought, Run P3D as an administrator (right click on it and select Run as Administrator)

Cheers.

I already run  my p3d as admin. I can see the waypoints when I hit FLN, but on map, all waypoints, vors, they all are without names. Not sure what it might be. Carenado said they already know about this issue. I dont understand why you guys dont have this issue.  I dont know what to do.

I don't know what is going on either.

What happens if you hit tDeclutter  DCLTR softkey?

Adriano,

based on my experience, in 95% of cases these problems are due to an error during the installation of the Navigraph plugin.

Try to uninstall both the installers (base package + Navigraph extension) then reinstall. It takes no more than 10 minutes. Then, when you launch the Phenom 300 the first time in your simulator, a screen should appear when you are notified that the Navigraph database is being updated. Do not touch that screen. Just wait patiently for it to be completed. It will take about five minutes. Then try again.

Also, if you have Navigraph FMS, make sure you have downloaded the last AIRAC cycle for Carenado.

Hope this helps, let me know.

I don't know what is going on either.

What happens if you hit tDeclutter  DCLTR softkey?

What's your windows version? I'm usuing Windows 10 here.

What's your windows version? I'm usuing Windows 10 here.

Win 7 & 10, but I am referring to the DCLTR softkey in the Phenom 300 Garmin MFD

(see Jim's picture in post #2 3th key from the right)

• Upvote 1

That key works here normally. But nothing changes in terms of appearing the VORS, FIXES etc... well they show up but without names as I mentioned before.

I just did that. No go. 

THis screenshot is without NAvpack installed: Everything ok, all name showing on map.

http://i.imgur.com/B6n1aa9.jpg

With Navipack installed:

http://i.imgur.com/dz4S1ej.jpg

This makes sense as it will show correctly with the default NavData.  If you install the Carenado NavData program improperly, it will overwrite the default but still the data is not showing as it is not installed properly.  Here's my installation of the Carenado Nav Expansion:

This is the structure of the CarenadoNavigraph folder:

Phenom300NavData.png

This shows that you need to have the carenavigraph data base file in the main CarendatoNavigraph folder.

Phenom300NavData_1.png

These are the gauges:

Phenom300NavData_2.png

And, lastly, this shows the Carenavigraph.dll in the main P3D Folder:

Phenom300NavData_3.png

You already know about the required entry in the dll.xml for the carenavigraph.dll.

Hope this helps solve your mystery.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Not sure if the OP's issue was resolved, but I had teh same issue and found a solution that was somewhat odd, but resolved the problem. I reinstalled all fonts in the Prepar3D fonts folder. It seems that for whatever reason the font isn't recognized following the expansion. Once the fonts were reinstalled, all data names reappeared on the MFD. Hope it helps!