Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Best and Worst customer service?

I am British, but not wildly nationalistic/patriotic at all. I think there's a lot that's good about this country, but I have lived abroad, in many different countries, for a total of some 20 years now and am well aware of many things that are so much better elsewhere!

That said, I have never lived, or been, anywhere where the sense of customer service is so deep and genuine as here in the UK. That means that I am kind of used to, and expect a reasonable level of customer service when I spend my hard-earned cash with one company rather than another, and get a bit 'disappointed', shall we say, when companies fall far short of this. I wonder if anyone would care to nominate a best and worst customer service they've had in respect of Flight Simulation, it might make interesting reading. Maybe??

I'll set the ball rolling..

Best: OnCourse software. Dave March and team are amazing, with often instant support - even direct emails for more technical issues. Their software has an (optional) feature, whereby problems are automatically logged, zipped and sent to OnCourse for analysis and correction. Always friendly, polite and helpful. Most forum questions are answered the same day, in my experience. Gold star from me anyway..

Worst. Well, Aerosoft AES for me. Fed up of support questions being ignored on their forums (by Aerosoft staff I mean - punters can reply or not, as they wish, needless to say!). It's so predictable now I am giving up visiting the site and giving up buying anything from Aerosoft ever again. You'd think that after spending some €200 on AES credits alone, you might expect at the very least a one-line reply to support requests. But several weeks and one or two polite reminders later, and just silence. Happened too many times now, so they've had my last euro!

After I (politely, of course) complained about the lack of response after some weeks, they added a little 'miserable git' icon to my forum avatar, showing 'minus points' for affability. So daft it made me laugh!

Any others you'd like to share folks? :wink:

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, let's see how long this topic stays open.  I do not see the purpose of bashing companies because one person (maybe you) had issues with a piece of software.  Software bashing is basically, okay, not basically, it's trolling and subsequent posts can get pretty ugly.  I see no purpose for trolling or bashing any product.  An issue with a piece of software is between the individual having the issue and the developer and not subject to worldwide hateful conversations.  Developers try to provide the best service for their software but occasionally problems ensue with some customers who were raised to expect only perfect and the best one on one customer support that any company can provide.  It does no good in the flight simulation community to bash products because of one incident (or even two or three) because one could not get the product to work correctly.  Thousands of other flight simmers have gotten the same products to work perfectly.  Our forums are for discussions between users to ask for help, when needed, when one cannot figure out how to use a product or to get it to work properly. The forums are not here to bash a company or an individual or a product.  If you want to do that, think about leaving the community now as you will not get a whole lot of membership support for your bashing or criticism of a product or several products. 

If you want to get back at a developer because he/she added a little "miserable git" icon to your forum avatar showing minus points, please do not do it here at AVSIM.

This topic is locked.

• Upvote 1