Sign in to follow this  
nemokin

MFG Crosswind rudder assignment - brakes

Hi all

Starting dome free flights after initially completing the basic maneuvers in UK with the Cub.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to properly assign my brakes to the left/right toe brakes.

I have tried this in the settings, choosing MFG Crosswind device.

Key/axis assignment, I have my left toe brake assigned to my let toe brake axis, like wise

for my right side. The problem is that my brakes won't release when I step off of them on my rude

pedals. I've tried this both invert active and inactive, same result.

I have been flying with FSX and still fly with P3D, having had no problem setting my rudders there.

I'd appreciate any advice,

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit

Any other devices plugged in?

Had the same problem until i realised that the game automatically binded brake to another device.

Make sure no other brake command assigned.

Hi all

Starting dome free flights after initially completing the basic maneuvers in UK with the Cub.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to properly assign my brakes to the left/right toe brakes.

I have tried this in the settings, choosing MFG Crosswind device.

Key/axis assignment, I have my left toe brake assigned to my let toe brake axis, like wise

for my right side. The problem is that my brakes won't release when I step off of them on my rude

pedals. I've tried this both invert active and inactive, same result.

I have been flying with FSX and still fly with P3D, having had no problem setting my rudders there.

I'd appreciate any advice,

Did you invert your toe axis? Just like in P3D and FSX, the toe axis on some controllers needs to be inverted. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Heimi

Thank you, I fixed it as you advised (^^)

I did have my other devices deactivate the brakes but my mouse had a brake button assigned.

I turned that off and all is well.

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit

I found on my shitek ones I had to invert the toe breaks, as they were locking when released, and unlocking the breaks only when fully engaged. Had me stumped for a while.