Sign in to follow this  
paddler

gdiplus.dll error

I am running the latest version of P3D on the most recent update of Windows 10. For the past few days whenever I hit the button to load a flight in P3D after a few seconds the screen comes up and tells me that P3D.exe has encountered a problem and will close. When I go to Windows event viewer it identifies that the offending module is gdiplus.dll version 10.0.10586.20. Has anyone any experience with this problem and what I may do to resolve it?

Copy of detailed error message below.

Prepar3D.exe       3.3.3.17556       5747897d       gdiplus.dll       10.0.10586.20       565418df       c0000005       0009659d       fac       01d1d22754b55986       P:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe       C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.10586.20_none_22adb5eaa762c7fa\gdiplus.dll       fedceacc-119d-4cb2-8414-12fa78621c89                

I know that this dll is a graphics issue, but the computer and 980Ti work well outside of this P3D error.

Thanks.

gdiplus.dll  (gdi+ library) is a file that gets installed when various versions of the C runtime libraries are installed by a specific app like P3d. Updates to Windows also may result in a newer version of the file. I have 12 versions of the file installed (six 32 bit versions and six 64 bit versions), probably because various apps have installed their own version of the C runtime libraries. Take a look at how many total versions  of gdiplus.dll there are from the programmers' website binarydb:

http://ip-50-62-141-105.ip.secureserver.net/search

That  folder referenced in your error message is a  WinSxS (Windows side by side installation folder) hidden folder but if you go into the Windows Explorer, unhide hidden folders, you can navigate to the folder. Once there, search for "gdiplus.dll". See if that file listed in the error message even exists. If it does, it could be corrupt. You might need to do a repair install of P3d. That version of the file seems to have been installed when Windows 10 was upgraded to build 10586. You might want to post your error report on the official LM forum.

gdiplus.dll  (gdi+ library) is a file that gets installed when various versions of the C runtime libraries are installed by a specific app like P3d. Updates to Windows also may result in a newer version of the file. I have 12 versions of the file installed (six 32 bit versions and six 64 bit versions), probably because various apps have installed their own version of the C runtime libraries. Take a look at how many total versions  of gdiplus.dll there are from the programmers' website binarydb:

http://ip-50-62-141-105.ip.secureserver.net/search

That  folder referenced in your error message is a  WinSxS (Windows side by side installation folder) hidden folder but if you go into the Windows Explorer, unhide hidden folders, you can navigate to the folder. Once there, search for "gdiplus.dll". See if that file listed in the error message even exists. If it does, it could be corrupt. You might need to do a repair install of P3d. That version of the file seems to have been installed when Windows 10 was upgraded to build 10586. You might want to post your error report on the official LM forum.

Jay,

Thanks for your response. Though I haven't counted them I also have several versions on my pc. The file version does exist on my pc and I have attempted several repair installs of P3D. Should I delete the file and try a repair install of P3D again. I have placed the problem on the P3D forum but no response.