Sign in to follow this  
scotth6

France Photoreal freeware

On 1/24/2020 at 12:39 AM, DJJose said:

What AG do you recommend?

So I've tried one of the recommended links for autogen in Scott's PR text file.
http://www.f-bmpl.com/index.php/france-scenes-vfr

Click on one of the regions on the map and look for '[Autogen]+name of the region' link.
Scroll down on the next page to the heading "Téléchargements" (downloads). Sometimes an image of a DVD box or an image of a hard drive. Make sure you download the 'Autogen' link.

There are usually other download links present called 'Ponts' (bridges), 'trafics routiers' (road traffic), and exclusions, which I haven't used as I don't think I need them.

I've merged all the files in each .zip or .rar file that I've downloaded into one texture folder. I then placed this in the same folder which contains the scenery folder of all of Scott's France ortho.

A 'must-have' prerequisite is Autogen Global X by FranceVFR, available here:
http://www.francevfr.com/agx.htm

Ensure that you back-up you autogen 'default.xml' file in P3D main folder/autogen.

This (Nice Côte d'Azur) is representative of what I have in 3 regions so far:
Nice.jpg

Apart from the obvious visible exclusion issues around non-default airports, I couldn't be happier!!

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

11 hours ago, F737NG said:

So I've tried one of the recommended links for autogen in Scott's PR text file.
http://www.f-bmpl.com/index.php/france-scenes-vfr

Click on one of the regions on the map and look for '[Autogen]+name of the region' link.
Scroll down on the next page to the heading "Téléchargements" (downloads). Sometimes an image of a DVD box or an image of a hard drive. Make sure you download the 'Autogen' link.

There are usually other download links present called 'Ponts' (bridges), 'trafics routiers' (road traffic), and exclusions, which I haven't used as I don't think I need them.

I've merged all the files in each .zip or .rar file that I've downloaded into one texture folder. I then placed this in the same folder which contains the scenery folder of all of Scott's France ortho.

A 'must-have' prerequisite is Autogen Global X by FranceVFR, available here:
http://www.francevfr.com/agx.htm

Ensure that you back-up you autogen 'default.xml' file in P3D main folder/autogen.

This (Nice Côte d'Azur) is representative of what I have in 3 regions so far:
Nice.jpg

Apart from the obvious visible exclusion issues around non-default airports, I couldn't be happier!!

Thanks!!! I really appreciate this.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:39 AM, DJJose said:

What AG do you recommend?

An update:

Using the same source as the autogen (f-bmpl.com/index.php/france-scenes-vfr ), there is usually a '[Pack VFR] - Region xxxxxx' for most regions for both FSX and P3Dv4.
These add POI 3D models of castles, cathedrals, significant tall buildings, stadia, viaducts, monuments, etc.

Bordeaux:

zXFl9bA.jpg

Marseilles:

ax0sd74.jpg

Not MSFS level, but check out Château d'If in the bay, Stade Vélodrome, plus CMA-CGM and Marseillaise towers

Paris:

BzQa1xW.jpg

Now, I did also add the truly excellent 'Paris - intra muros' autogen from marcoh.gratisim.fr/paris_fr.html covering nearly everything of note in the 20 arrondissements of central Paris.
However, the 'Pack VFR' from the first autogen source also added Stade de France and Parc des Princes stadiums, some extra office buildings at La Defense and Disneyland Paris to the east.

I'm keenly waiting for the last few ortho links to be hosted in order for France to be completed, but I think this is the closest we're ever going to get to an equivalent of 'TrueEarth France'.

@scotth6 Truly brilliant work with the photo scenery!

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 hours ago, F737NG said:

An update:

Using the same source as the autogen (f-bmpl.com/index.php/france-scenes-vfr ), there is usually a '[Pack VFR] - Region xxxxxx' for most regions for both FSX and P3Dv4.
These add POI 3D models of castles, cathedrals, significant tall buildings, stadia, viaducts, monuments, etc.

Bordeaux:

zXFl9bA.jpg

Marseilles:

ax0sd74.jpg

Not MSFS level, but check out Château d'If in the bay, Stade Vélodrome, plus CMA-CGM and Marseillaise towers

Paris:

BzQa1xW.jpg

Now, I did also add the truly excellent 'Paris - intra muros' autogen from marcoh.gratisim.fr/paris_fr.html covering nearly everything of note in the 20 arrondissements of central Paris.
However, the 'Pack VFR' from the first autogen source also added Stade de France and Parc des Princes stadiums, some extra office buildings at La Defense and Disneyland Paris to the east.

I'm keenly waiting for the last few ortho links to be hosted in order for France to be completed, but I think this is the closest we're ever going to get to an equivalent of 'TrueEarth France'.

@scotth6 Truly brilliant work with the photo scenery!

Nice pics! That's the next region I will explore.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi,

All areas have now been uploaded and are available from Google Drive and Mega NZ.  The Mega NZ links will eventually be replaced with Google Drive links, but just use whichever links are in the current text document.  Below is the link for the text document (it is the same as above and from previous posts).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yJK3rFyP_XjDIoFW3MekdeksyUd9OOZJ

Cheers,

• Like 1

All areas downloaded and installed, with PR matched airfields and extra autogen.

Huge thanks to Scott for making his work available to those of us who missed it the first time round.
My Euro simming is a big step above what it was just a few months ago.

sOpnPSo.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 5:25 PM, F737NG said:

Quick question about this - when I was merging the autogen packages into a single texture folder there were maybe a total of about 10,000 duplicate AGN files between all the different downloaded regions. How did you deal with that? Did you overwrite/skip from one region or the other or did you let it create duplicates by renaming one copy of the file? Not sure the best approach - I was going to experiment, but curious how you handled duplicates?  Seeing as there are so many dupes, it didn't seem reasonable to merge them with something like scenproc -  I think it would take weeks...

Thanks for your insight!

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

3 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Quick question about this - when I was merging the autogen packages into a single texture folder there were maybe a total of about 10,000 duplicate AGN files between all the different downloaded regions. How did you deal with that? Did you overwrite/skip from one region or the other or did you let it create duplicates by renaming one copy of the file? Not sure the best approach - I was going to experiment, but curious how you handled duplicates?  Seeing as there are so many dupes, it didn't seem reasonable to merge them with something like scenproc -  I think it would take weeks...

Thanks for your insight!

The correct way would be to have different folders for each different region.

However, I allowed the agn files to overwrite in one folder.
I cannot promise that this method is error free, but I have not found any problems yet.

1yLFsxq.jpg

Approaching Geneva (while over France)

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, F737NG said:

The correct way would be to have different folders for each different region.

However, I allowed the agn files to overwrite in one folder.
I cannot promise that this method is error free, but I have not found any problems yet.

Thanks, yes, I have Germany and Poland broken out by state since I handmade those, but with France I thought I'd just use the existing stuff that isn't broken out like that, but with my Switzerland autogen in there as well, there are almost 500,000 AGN files in one texture folder. By the way, just in case you're not aware, these are top notch autogen packages: http://www.fsxforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=19503&p=200773#p200773 and the NL2000 package for Holland is great too.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Hi @scotth6! Really appreciate that you have uploaded all the links to the sceneries (!), but most of the mega links seem to be broken? Is there possibly another way to download the sceneries from these mega links?

Kind regards,

Viggo.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:44 AM, vdae said:

Hi @scotth6! Really appreciate that you have uploaded all the links to the sceneries (!), but most of the mega links seem to be broken? Is there possibly another way to download the sceneries from these mega links?

Kind regards,

Viggo.

Hi,

Not at the moment unfortunately.  All the Google links should still be working, and hopefully in the near future I can add all of the package to Google again.

Edited by scotth6

On 12/17/2020 at 3:16 PM, scotth6 said:

Hi,

Not at the moment unfortunately.  All the Google links should still be working, and hopefully in the near future I can add all of the package to Google again.

No worries✌️ That would be fantastic! Understand that it must take some time to upload the files😅

Best regards,

Viggo.

• Like 1

Hi ... Congratulations for the excellent work. Could you please post the Mega links again? I know it takes a lot of work, 
but I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you so much
Edited by Gilmar Leal