Sign in to follow this  
Jd_jay

PM has an altitude problem

Did my first full flight last night and had many problems with the PM and altitudes. I need to do another flight to see what happens but I'll list my observation, all information in the FMC was correct. I'll make a list.

Pressurisation cruise altitude was set at 36500, cruise level in FMC was 37000

Transition level was 6000 in FMC, PM did nothing at 6000 and when he did the altitude was well out

PM did nothing with the lights at 10000

PM did not say 1000 to go until I started defending

PM told cabin crew to prepare for landing at around 18000

PM said the message about 5000 at around 12000

Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

so i did another flight and the same things happened.  PM seems to have no contact or awareness of anything that is to do with altitude.

For example this time, did no do anything when passing transition altitude which was set for 6000, so randomly at 12000, PM replied standard set, passing 0500 altitude....

no light operations

at roughly 32000 i see briefly up in the menu bar an orange message saying something about 10k....

Pm said 1000 to go after i gave decent briefing

asked to release the cabin several times through out flight.

so i did another flight and the same things happened.  PM seems to have no contact or awareness of anything that is to do with altitude.

For example this time, did no do anything when passing transition altitude which was set for 6000, so randomly at 12000, PM replied standard set, passing 0500 altitude....

no light operations

at roughly 32000 i see briefly up in the menu bar an orange message saying something about 10k....

Pm said 1000 to go after i gave decent briefing

asked to release the cabin several times through out flight.

99.9 percent sure this is the result of having your "Units of Measurements" in the FS Options set to "Meters" for altitude, and not "Feet".

It needs to be set to "Feet", otherwise everything altitude based is going to be out of whack.

Cheers,

99.9 percent sure this is the result of having your "Units of Measurements" in the FS Options set to "Meters" for altitude, and not "Feet".

It's needs to be set to "Feet", otherwise everything altitude based is going to be out of whack.

Cheers,

You sir, hit the nail on the head.  Thank you so much, that was the last setting i had out of place on my new install.  Have done a complete flight with it all working smoothly and your right, its so much better than the legacy version and was worth the purchase.  Would you mind answering my post about the PM and panel lights at some point please. or give me a brief outline here of what the PM is actually programmed to do with regards to panel lights?.  Mine currently doesnt switch on the overhead panel light or dome lights when starting out, lso should he switch at least his panel lights on at dusk and dawn transitions.

Thanks again Bryan

Hi Jason,

The panel lights are subjective and personal taste, so we leave those ones for you.  FO will turn some of his lights on that are specific to his side of the plane.

Cheers,