Sign in to follow this  
wazooda

Problem disabling certain textures in DX10

I am an 3D Vision user and am having an issue with disabling the PAPI and beacon lights when running in DX10.

In a nutshell, the textures for these lights render in 2D and thus appear at screen depth when using 3D glasses.

There is a known fix that I used for DX9 that renamed the halo.bmp (in the texture subfolder) and fx_2.bmp (in the effects/texture folder).  This removes all runway and beacon lights; which is fine as I'm just flying in the daytime when using 3D.

However, due to a myriad of DX9 problems, I want to run in DX10.  However, when I switch to DX10 Preview, FSX seems to substitute some weird looking texture instead of just leaving it "blank" like DX9 mode does.

I've attached a picture and you can see the odd red texture; it even looks like there is part of the FSX logo in the texture.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!

Paul

Link to picture of problem:  https://s31.postimg.org/yre5wptq3/FSX_Lights.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In DX10 Mode, when FSX can't find a texture it replaces that texture with one named bkg.bmp which you can find in the root FSX folder.

The default texture is a 24 bit image, you might try replacing it with a solid black image with a solid black Alpha channel.

This may show up as fully transparent, though I have not tested it.

I did replace that image with one more,....entertaining which makes for interesting times when FSX is slow to load textures.

regards,

Joe

• Upvote 1

In DX10 Mode, when FSX can't find a texture it replaces that texture with one named bkg.bmp which you can find in the root FSX folder.

The default texture is a 24 bit image, you might try replacing it with a solid black image with a solid black Alpha channel.

This may show up as fully transparent, though I have not tested it.

I did replace that image with one more,....entertaining which makes for interesting times when FSX is slow to load textures.

regards,

Joe

Right on the money!

Thanks a million!