Sign in to follow this  
Pugilist2

New Aircraft

Anyone know if IPACS has made any statements about adding more aircraft in the future? 

I would like to see an A380 and DHC-2 Beaver.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well they're opening up the sim to third party developers, so we might see some add-on aircraft in the future. Haven't heard anything about new aircraft directly from IPACS. The current ones were lifted from their mobile games, so they didn't take much work. Developing an aircraft from scratch would take away resources from other development tasks.

Well they're opening up the sim to third party developers, so we might see some add-on aircraft in the future. Haven't heard anything about new aircraft directly from IPACS. The current ones were lifted from their mobile games, so they didn't take much work. Developing an aircraft from scratch would take away resources from other development tasks.

Don't forget though, they have literally dozens of aircraft's and copters from the RC side of their business, (over 200 models!) which might only require FDM updates and a few other things to be usable........

https://www.aeroflyrc.com/aerofly_rc_7_model.html

Don't forget though, they have literally dozens of aircraft's and copters from the RC side of their business, (over 200 models!) which might only require FDM updates and a few other things to be usable........

https://www.aeroflyrc.com/aerofly_rc_7_model.html

They'd probably require some significant flight model tuning as well as cockpits, sounds, systems etc., but yeah, the external models might be used as a starting point.

Also most of them are military or aerobatic, like many of the stock planes in AFS 2 (which don't interest me much). What I'm really missing in the sim are some high-performance, complex single engine aircraft like a Piper or Beechcraft retractable single, or even something like a Cessna TTx or Cirrus. The Baron is nice, but it's a twin. I'd be willing to pay ~$15 for such an addon, even during the Early Access phase.