Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Downloading FSX-SE again.

Hello Everyone,

Can anybody tell me the process involved in re downloading FSX-SE from the Steam site. 

Took me five days at Indonesia Internet speed and whilst I am in Australia I would like to re attempt this download at reasonable speeds. it simply wont start (just crashes to desktop without even a remote suggestion that I am loading FSX-SE) I suspect very strongly, the download because of the the frame involved

I only wish to download and not to Install as it will be downloading to a laptop and not to my FlightSim computer.

The steam FSX-SE Support Forums suggestion (and their idea of support presumably) was to try this forum for advice. For me, at least, an example of NON support on their support forum.

Any help is appreciated very much

Thanks

Tony Chilcott.

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Steam doesn't download an installer, it installs onto your PC over the internet. Then you can backup a copy of it locally.

You can install it and back it up but you cannot just download it. 

Matthew Kane

Download onto your laptop via steam. As stated above, steam installs the game automatically,but once you have an install on your laptop, right click on fsx : se edition in your steam library, choose "Backup game files", choose "custom size" and make the custom size a couple of m/bytes bigger than your FSX se folder (sorry, but I can't remember how big it is off the top of my head), and choose where you want to back it up (you could back it up to a 32gb memory stick for example) or onto multiple dvd's.

You can then pop the memory stick into your sim rig at home and there will be an installer.exe in the backup folder that you can run to install it onto your sim rig without ever having to download it ever again.

• Upvote 1

Download onto your laptop via steam. As stated above, steam installs the game automatically,but once you have an install on your laptop, right click on fsx : se edition in your steam library, choose "Backup game files", choose "custom size" and make the custom size a couple of m/bytes bigger than your FSX se folder (sorry, but I can't remember how big it is off the top of my head), and choose where you want to back it up (you could back it up to a 32gb memory stick for example) or onto multiple dvd's.

You can then pop the memory stick into your sim rig at home and there will be an installer.exe in the backup folder that you can run to install it onto your sim rig without ever having to download it ever again.

Wow, that's very useful to know. I've reinstalled FSX:SE a few times now and I always assumed I have to download it again. Thanks for that.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Hello to all,

Thank you so very much for that information.  Hopefully it will cure my problems.  However, I still cannot find a way into getting the download in the first place.

The best I can do is get into steam where eventually I am asked what problems I am having and with what product. This pointed me to the support forum which in turn told me to go to this forum for help. None of which addresses "where to go for the download"

Nowhere can I find the download for the items I have purchased.  I know this sounds silly and it is a problem with me not the product, but I simply cannot navigate through Steam to do the download.

I have no idea where ia am going wrong or what I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks again Guys

Chees

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

You do have the Steam client installed on the pc in question, and are not visiting steam through chrome or Firefox etc?

You need to download the steam client to your pc, install it. Run it, login using your steam name and password, then click on the "Library" tab, and all games that you have ever purchased through steam will be shown there.

Games that are currently installed on your pc show up in white, and games that you have purchased, but have not installed show up in grey.

Thank you 4LOM.  

All sorted for now ... just have to back it up and all should be good.

Thanks again to all for your help and suggestions

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.