Sign in to follow this  
Guest D-EVIL

What do you fly?

Lately I have been so busy with work and exhausted when I get home. But I always go back to this short listAeroworx B200Carenado 182PMDG 737 and 747Dreamfleet 727, A36, and B58Yes I have airplane ADD!Low and slow is OK but I get bored fast and enjoy cruising over the world at 30k+ feet

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Awesome! ** is on my own wish list. Keep em coming everyone! What a nice fleet of aircraft so far..-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying! North Carolina's worst air disaster occurred when a small two-seater Cessna 150 plane,piloted by two Duke students, crashed into a cemetery earlier today.Search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so farand expect the number to climb as digging continues into the evening.The pilot and copilot survived and are helping in the recovery efforts. :-lol

Guest aca_dia

I have a fairly complete payware list (24 aircraft at last count with offerings from FSD, RealAir, F1, Aeroworx, Eaglesoft, Aerosoft, Carenado, PSS, & PMGD) and that includes most of the latest and greatest GA offerings. Without a doubt my all time favorite is the FSD Cheyenne. Even though she is a bit older she has been consistently updated and upgraded. For some reason that one aircraft captures my flight sim interest and she is a perfect IFR hand flier for practice.For good old VFR messing about and a good IFR runner-up with the smooth VC cockpit the RealAir SF260 takes the cake for my single engine aircraft.

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,Right On! Aca the Cheyenne is just right! Not too slow so that long flights are boring and yet not a jet and also very nimble with lots of STOL capability. I admit that I like high wing (and high tail if I can get it) planes yet the Cheyenne is what - as I said earlier - I come back to. We just need more paints.Take Care! -Ed-

Guest RsZ

Only a HEAVY,BIG and most complex birds ever made!:)LDS767,PMDG 737/747 - these 3 are absolutely outstanding even if there are some really great GA just like from Carenado,FSD.

Guest Emanuele

In this last year,Ordered by flown hours:PMDG 737iFDG A320 + PSS panelSSW A310Lago MadDogFeelthere CRJ-700Feelthere ERJ145RealAir C172Eaglesoft Citation X....My preferred:PMDG 737iFDG A320 + PSS panelLago MadDogEaglesoft Citation XDreamwings Dash8-400 + PSS panelMy last:Dreamwings Dash8-400 + PSS panelEaglesoft Citation XLago MadDogPMDG 737Bye!Emanuele

Guest Kingair315

Well, I keep going back to the 182R, as that would probably the the only one I'd get to fly in reality. Flying IFR, can find my way around anywhere in the world. The Kingair350, for longer and faster flights, and have flown around the world now six times in this one, real time. (Its great to be retired.) But, lots of times my choice is Bill Lyon's WACO, reminds me of the first time I went up in 1938, in a Biplane. Ive flown one in Sedona AZ, if you are willing to pay the price, you can also. Instead of stuffing 2 passengers in front, they put the stick and pedals in and let you fly it.

Single: Carenado Piper Dakota, specifically the British Airways Flying Club (G-ODAK) paint. I have a number of RW hours in PA28s, and this plane pretty much fits like a glove. Also, I've seen the real AK around, although I've ever actually flown it.Twin: Milton's Aero Commander 680s. I've flown from Australia to England in this plane, as well as numerous other sorties. It's a dream. More recently I've dallied with the FSD Seneca V, and am currently wowed by the Dreamfleet Baron.

Guest midibyte

<>As always most people tend to divert from the question originally asked. Seems people always want to make a list of everything in their hanger. I can understand having a difficult time narrowing it down to one. The question also asks "why?". Which most people just seemed to gloss over opting for making a list. I guess if you don't have that one favorite, then maybe this poll isnt for you. Sure there are lots that I like to fly. Honestly I like just about every default plane that there is right on down to the Wright Flyer. My absolute fave would have to be RealAir's Spitfire. The main reason is because it has a feature that every aircraft should have that could possibly succumb to improper throttling. Fly it full throttle and you wont be flying for long, no matter if you have failures on or not. Taking off in it is also an adventure. I love how the "eyepoint" moves around during turns and turbulence. The burbling effect just before a stall is something I have wanted in an aircraft for a long time. Mostly I fly it in the Mojave Desert , usually taking off from Edwards AFB to some not so distant destination. It also has a "civilian" mode for easier navigation. The documentation is nothing short of excellent. Once recently I was flying it and my engine quit. Why? Heck I don't know, it just quit. Looked things over a bit to make sure all was well and refired the engine and continued on my way. (My failures are not turned on.) A very excellent aircraft in my opinion. Something similar to this is the reason I felt the original post was interesting and thought I was going to really look forward to reading it. Instead most just wanted to make a list. Maybe Im just in a bad mood, I dont know.Cheers,Scott

I can vouch for the Decathlon and the Scout. They are great.My alltime favorite, however, is the RealAir SF260 Marchetti, closely followed by the Flight1 PC12 and the Dreamfleet Bonanza.

Bert

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

:)Bad moods suck, I have my share of 'em.It is interesting to read what people fly the most though, even if there was a little more to the question. It's definately hard to choose just one, but when you settle on it, you've got all the reasons why as well. Perhaps some who have already posted could post again and share that aspect?The Spitfire you mention is also on my wishlist, Scott, as are many others have listed. The main reason the Spitfire is on my wishlist is exactly what you describe: unparralelled flight dynamics. Those guys at RealAir know how to build em, for dang sure. Heck even their Cessna is awesome!Thanks, Scott, for also sharing why you fly the Spitfire.-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying! North Carolina's worst air disaster occurred when a small two-seater Cessna 150 plane,piloted by two Duke students, crashed into a cemetery earlier today.Search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so farand expect the number to climb as digging continues into the evening.The pilot and copilot survived and are helping in the recovery efforts. :-lol

Guest Sean I

I have to say the Boeing 717-200 availible in the Westwind Virtual Airlines(www.flywestwind.com)hangar. It has some of the most accurate flight dynamics I have ever seen for FS.Sean

At the moment, the Dreamfleet B58...I love the characteristics, and the performance is awsome. The B58 has always been one of my favorite planes...PS: this is my 999th post, 1000th will be 1 shot, in the screen shot forum... Check it out fellas! I finally have 4 digits! :-jumpy

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

LOL, congrats on the digits Chase!And, funny thing, the Dreamfleet Baron is also on my wishlist! The baron is my second favorite default (first if it must remain default: The DC-3 is my fav after some patchwork:))-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying! North Carolina's worst air disaster occurred when a small two-seater Cessna 150 plane,piloted by two Duke students, crashed into a cemetery earlier today.Search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so farand expect the number to climb as digging continues into the evening.The pilot and copilot survived and are helping in the recovery efforts. :-lol