Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Question about Scenry Configurator Editor

I only check the Orbx regions where I fly. Here's a scenario; I take off from PANC ( payware ) to MMMX ( payware ) in my PMDG 777. Those boxes are checked along with all the Orbx regions that I'll be flying over.

If I uncheck PANC and the Southern Alaska Orbx Region after I am done flying over that area and then uncheck each region as I go , will that decrease the chance of an OOM ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You cannot, of course, disable/enable scenery via the scenery confg editor during a flight.  You have to do it via the Scenery Library within FSX.  I doubt your "solution" to decrease your chances for an OOM would work.  If you are getting OOM's going from Anchorage to Mexico City and you don't want to turn your settings down, then you will probably continue to get OOM's.  One of the biggest offenders of OOM's is the LOD_Radius setting.  Do you really need it set at the max or above 4.5 during a flight when you are at plus FL300? If you are flying at night, you wouldn't need to be able to see lights at a long distance.  It might be better to turn down some of your fsx settings after takeoff and just before landing.  It's also good to disable any FTX Regions you will not be flying over during the flight as some photoreal scenery will load no matter where you are flying.

Best regards,

Is it just photoreal scenery that loads regardless of where the plane is or do other scenery types or vendors do so as well?   I just installed scenery configurator and I'm trying to figure out the strategy for loading scenery to avoid OOM and VAS issues that may arise.

I would run Process Monitor to see what is loading.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 17, it shows you how to configure Process Monitor so that it only monitors processes running in your flight simulator and nothing else.  You can see what is loading and what is not during a flight.  All photoscenery will load if it is enabled.  All scenery in Scenery/World/Scenery will load.  All airports such as those from FSDT will load at the beginning if enabled then again if, I think, within 100 mile radius of the airport.  All scenery in MyTraffic/Scenery will also load if you have this AI program.  I would not disable any of the FSDT airports as you could have programs getting them reactivated. 

Best regards,

Jim