Sign in to follow this  
yanfeng12342000

What's the resolution of the photo real scenery?

I just bought a copy of Aerofly FS 2 from Steam and the downloading hasn't finished yet. I am very curious about the resolution of the photoreal scenery for California. Is it 1m or more?

Well I get the answer myself: it's 1m around airports, and gets less further away.

Then how about famous moutain areas as the Grand Canyon. It does look high resolution from the video.

Don't forget townload the free DLC photoscenery addon when you have the base pack running.There are several areas being lower resolution in the base pack being upgraded to the high-res this way.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks Michael! Downloading it now. 

Don't forget townload the free DLC photoscenery addon when you have the base pack running.There are several areas being lower resolution in the base pack being upgraded to the high-res this way.

Kind regards, Michael

Kind regards, Michael

Micheal - is this something that gets downloaded automatically or do you have to choose to download? I already did the 12 Gig DL that showed up. was that it?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

No, I don't think it's automatically. The idea was to keep the base package managable in size.

On the product page there is a blue box "Early Access Game". Below ist the button to buy AroflyFS2. Fourther below there should be a line "Contents for download" (or similar, I have the German version). There are two items "High resolution texture pack" (free) and Switzerland 9.99 €.

Select the "High resolution texture pack". Keep in mind this can only be downloaded and installed if you opted out from beta. Otherwise opt out (it under the steam GUI for the Game - just gologle), download the pack and opt in again, that's okay, I did it.

You can check, if the pack is properly installed the whole AeroflyFS2 folder should be around 80 GB.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks, Micheal. No, I had missed it. What's weird is that my original download was over 30 Gig and yesterday it downloaded 12 Gig but today I looked and the folder was still around 30 Gig.

I went for a flight yesterday and it looked better than I remembered. Im looking forward to the new stuff.

Thanks again.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.