Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

A2A B377 Stratocruiser premature overhauls and excessive cabin noise?

Is there something common one can overlook that will cause each ~200nm flight to require all the engines to need an overhaul? Really, <2hours on the clock and engines won't start or idle smoothly?! I'm letting the artificial flight engineer manage Pressurization and Turbos for me. All temps are ok during my flights. I'm not going over torque psi. ADI is on. I only switch to lean once in cruise. I'm normally cruising at about 10000ft with 200 knots speed.

Also, I'd like to turn down the volume of the cabin shake/rattle noise during taxi acceleration and takeoffs. I do own Accu-Feel but that appears to be greyed out; I assume this A2A plane has its own 'built in  'accu-feel' and does not require the addon Accu-Feel so they disable it. Is there anyway to keep other volumes where they are and lower the cabin shake noise somehow? Sound files appear to be hidden inside a .pk file and no way to edit them.

FWIW, the outstanding newly released freeware C-47 V3 by Manfred Jahn also has this annoying cabin shake/rattle noise. I appreciate what both these planes are trying to achieve with this racket but I just prefer my planes to be a bit more quiet is all.

You didn't mention this...Are you adjusting the prop RPMs down into the safe green zone shortly after takeoff?  This

is a must just like the C-47 V.2 and V.3 as well as the L1049 models from Manfred Jahn.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Have you the last updated aircraft ?

Have too a search on the A2A forum.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I think I figured out the issue of excessive overhauls = don't crash land the plane. I ran out of fuel these last few flights and landed in woods and field. Best as I can tell A2A B377 actually pays attention to that and destroys the engines even if you land well in a field. Did several good landing flights and engines in great shape still.

Still no solution to the loud cabin shake noise. :(

Aside, just yesterday had a problem where Heidi and the pilots didn't speak any more. I spent a good hour trying to figure out what happened to the sound. I tried different hardware settings in the menu, reinstalled files, searched the forums, phew.

I finally figured it out. LOL, turns out this is the only reason they weren't talking...

Ug1vXWg.jpg

• Upvote 1

LOL! :cool:

Surely a belly landing should not be a career ending move?.... Unless it was your fault in the first place! 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)