Sign in to follow this  
GregC

Ultimate Traffic 2 for P3D

Hi lads, 

I have been looking up how to install this and the tutorials say to use the Migration Tool etc. 

I have done this and followed all the steps but I was just wondering does the original install of UT2 go into the FSX folder? The tutorials contain lines to add to simbojects and exe.dll and the path specifies UT2 in the P3D folder which wouldn't exist if UT2 was installed in FSX?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have been looking up how to install this and the tutorials say to use the Migration Tool etc. 

If your comfortable with some Manual Installing,  The Guide that Manny linked is a much cleaner way to Install UT2.   The Migration Tool Complicates everything,  Specifically when you have FSX Installed as well as Prepar3D.  

I have done this and followed all the steps but I was just wondering does the original install of UT2 go into the FSX folder

Regarding Installing UT2 with No Migration tool

If you want to use UT2 Primarly in Prepar3D you are better off Installing it straight into the Prepar3D folder (Follow the guide)  In saying that though you can Install it into either FSX or Prepar3D and link the Paths= and copy some folders to the Sim of your choose (This is a bit more complex for the beginner user)   

My advice to you is to Uninstall the Migration Tool and start again,  Its a lot less hassle 

The tutorials contain lines to add to simbojects and exe.dll and the path specifies UT2 in the P3D folder which wouldn't exist if UT2 was installed in FSX?

So where are you now with this ? 

Have you Installed UT2 ? 

When you start Prepar3D do you hear the Music ?