Sign in to follow this  
BadgerBtU

FO and VOXATC

Can someone please tell me the steps to get the FO to talk to VOXATC? I changed the MCE.ini use voxatc to 1 and had the FO do the comms. but he still contacts the native P3D atc.

I would also like to know how or if the FO can change radio freq.on his own.

I don't know if you can tell but I'm new to MCE :fool:  so I will probably be asking more questions. Any help would be appreciated even if its to point me to the right manual.

P3D 3.5

PMDG 777 300er

FS2CREW [Turn Off]

VOXATC

If I remember (under reserve), I think you must use the VoxAtc FO for the com.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Can someone please tell me the steps to get the FO to talk to VOXATC? I changed the MCE.ini use voxatc to 1 and had the FO do the comms. but he still contacts the native P3D atc.

I would also like to know how or if the FO can change radio freq.on his own.

I don't know if you can tell but I'm new to MCE :fool:  so I will probably be asking more questions. Any help would be appreciated even if its to point me to the right manual.

P3D 3.5

PMDG 777 300er

FS2CREW [Turn Off]

VOXATC

The option "UseWithVoxATC=1" under [GAMEPAD] section, only means use that joystick button to tell MCE you're actually transmitting to VoxATC.

MCE doesn't interact with VOxATC at all. The option is just to prevent MCE FO trying to interpret VoxATC directed speech as MCE commands.

The only way to have same MCE FO flipping all cockpit switches and handling ATC with VoxATC, is to use the same TTS voice assigned in VoxATC as the FO in MCE.

Now I understand your previous forum post.

Also, disable the "Talk to ATC controllers" feature in "General" tab of the user interface, otherwise it would assume you're still on Native P3D ATC.

Normally MCE FO is able to read assigned call sin in VoxATC. If you forget it, just ask him/her "confirm our callsign" or "what is our callsign"

MCE doesn't interact with VOxATC at all. The option is just to prevent MCE FO trying to interpret VoxATC directed speech as MCE commands.

If MCE won't interact with VOXATC then which atc program will it interact with. I have P2ATC, PFE, RC4 and VOXATC. If need be I will buy another as long as it will work.

If MCE won't interact with VOXATC then which atc program will it interact with. I have P2ATC, PFE, RC4 and VOXATC. If need be I will buy another as long as it will work.

In addition to Native ATC, MCE also supports Radar Contact 4, PFE and very latest PF3.

Once you have installed any of above, go to <ATC> tab in MCE user interface and you should get the option to switch to relevant ATC at the bottom of the screen.

Restart MCE and it should switch to RC4 or PFE/PF3 ATC

Thank you for the reply.

Your welcome.

Forgot to mention...

With PFE & PF3 it isn't possible right now to have the same FO handle ATC. You'd have to put up with a third (PFE/PF3) voice. We're trying to do something about it.

With RC4 ATC, there are currently 3 of our FOs who have recorded voice packs for RC4.

FO Stuart. You need to select co-pilot "Stuart Hy**t" in RC4 panel.

Co-pilots William and Lorna can handle RC4 ATC, but have to download and replace somef RC4 recordings using this package (instructions included).

http://MCE_Voice_Packs_For_Radar_Contact.zip

Once you have replaced the files, select either "MCE William" or "MCE Lorna" as RC4 co-pilot. And obviously same FO in MCE.