Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

ReShade causing P3D to crash when opening other add-ons

Hi,

I've been having some serious difficulties making ReShade work with P3D 3.2.For some weird reason, when ReShade is enabled, it causes an insta CTD when loading programs like Active Sky 2016, vPilot and TrackIR (all of which utilizes simconnect).

If I disable Reshade, all addons load perfectly fine, and the sim works normally. My usual procedure is to load up the sim with the given scenario THEN start vPilot, AS2016, TrackIR and so on.

However, if I start AS2016 during the load screen, it connects normally to the sim and loads weather. This does not work for vPilot though. TrackIR needs to be started in-game, or else it messes up EZdok.

The event manager does not seem to reflect whats wrong as it keeps giving me an EZCA error:

Faulting application name: EZCA.exe, version: 1.1.8.7, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xf6e90000
Faulting process id: 0x5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1f54a33d792b0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: e6c09a5e-8340-4d50-b338-0b97d5b7a9be
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Moreover, when closing vPilot, I recieve the error 0x000014B.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would say Reshade, like SweetFX, is not compatible with P3D unless it is configured correctly.  The configuration used by others does not mean it will work on your system.  For instance, you have EZCA installed (which is barely compatible with P3D) and those who have Reshade working do not have EZCA installed. 

For the Microsoft dotnet error, I suggest reading the information in the topic just below yours - http://www.avsim.com/forum/262-crash-to-desktop-ctd-forum/

We have a forum for SweetFX which you may or may not have seen.  You might get some help there regarding Reshade which I have a feeling is another name for the ENB Series to protect the innocent.  The ENBSeries hack causes a lot of crashes too.

Best regards,