Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Sensitivity on rudder pedals in P3D

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Im using Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals and im wondering about the best setup. Im mostly flying PMDG and my sensitivity is set to 63 and null zone to 9. Is it recommended to set it up via Controls in Settings or use FSUIPC? Im guessing i shouldn't use both. If someone has a realistic setting for the rudder i would be happy if you could share it! 

Im also using Saitek Pro Yoke. I dont have to mess with anything in Controls menu regarding axis, sensitivity and null zone right? Only thing i did was choosing ailerons and elevator in FSUIPC and calibrating it in Joystick calibration (pulling the yoke back, hit set, then full forward and set etc). Any inputs on this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Whatever your preference is...., I always use P3D for controls and calibrate within P3D.  You want sensitivity such that full deflection of the control is full deflection in the sim, centered, and just enough null zone to keep rudder movement from releasing your parking brakes. This is easiest to do in P3D.  I also have the Warthog HOTAS, which P3D recognizes so they are assigned and calibrated in P3D too.  The only thing I use FSUIPC for is to translate a button or switch to a key command for assignment in the PMDG FMC Options.