Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

allowed altitude variance not working ?

I  installed the latest update (2015) and it looks like  atc does not care if I climb or descend..I have set allowed altitude variance at 150 and even if I was flying  2000ft above my assigned altitude atc   was silent. Ijust did egns-egnm.My assigned altitude was 18000 and I  flew  up and down  all the way to see if atc would tell me off.Nothing.zilch.He gave me heading directions but that was not interested in my altitude. ?

I '

The next update won't be out for at least a week.

However, were you on an IFR Flight Plan?  The bug I found was related to a flight at a lower altitude where no climb instructions were given.  On VFR flights, you will not get altitude corrections as you are not under ATC control.

If this happens to you again on an IFR Flight Plan, send me a note with the log file attached so I can be sure there's not another bug.

Thanks,

Dave

However, were you on an IFR Flight Plan?

Assigned altitude was 18000 and it was ifr. Will let you know if it happens again.