Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Experience with change of windows?

Hey!

Because I had an anoying texture glitch Problem I decided to re install fsx... But uninstall this tons of modules, fixes, planes and other programs and whatnot brought me to the idea of an complete new install of windows to get it really clean.

I thought this could be a good Chance to change to an newer operating system, but I am not sure if this works regarding different programms and license keys. Things like EZDOK, FSUIPC, Active sky, orbx, some aerosoft airports, fs realtime, GSX, all fs2crews.... and so on.

Will they work if I change my operating system?

(not naming operating systems was intended, because I dont want to know which OS is the "best", I want to know if anyone has experience with changing OS ;-)

Thank you very much!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I reinstalled FSX on a brand new factory-fresh installation of WIndows 10 and its running just fine. Everything works!

I highly recommend a clean-install of any OS and not an in-place upgrade. No harm in the latter - plenty of people have done it with no issues but I feel a clean install is better. Specially when running complex games and sims!