Sign in to follow this  
billgustaf

FS Kneeboard 2 App still a going concern?

It seems that this app by Inquisitive Graphics for ios Ipad has not been updating past cycle 1602 in months. It no longer appears in the App store. Did I miss something regarding their demise? Its a great app. I am afraid if it gets deleted from my IPad i will be SOL for reinstall. Doe anybody know whats up? Thks

Yes I have noticed that as well, I have started using Foreflight with the subscription I have for my flight training, I also use the navigraph chart app along with Foreflight. Just keep in mine the the navigraph chat app may not had some of the smaller US airports as it based off of German airlines system. Other than that I haven't really found any good cheaper options to replace FS kneeboard. The best way to get the same charts is to go to Airnav.com, skyvector.com and flightaware.com to get the charts, you can even download the PDF version of them and save them to dropbox be able to see them on your iPad.

Thanks 738. I have also used these sources as well and am OK getting charts if needed. I like FS Kneeboard  for a variety of its's functions. One of these is the checklists which also allows you to create your own. Lot of bang for the buck in this app. Sure hope they have not gone under!

I have the same issue. I have used this for months on my iPad and now it does not even open, It did say an update was available a few attempts ago, but it never performed the update and now does not open at all. It just shows "Loading" and then aborts. I submitted a problem report but no response and the product is still useless. I have not heard of the product no longer existing ... but it does not look good. I is a great app too. I have no idea what happened.

I have two iPads. On the old one, I get what you described. The newest, though not latest model will at least still let me use the checklist feature, and approach charts if I get them via Dropbox. I think they decided to ditch this product and do other things. It's a shame they left us out to dry. This WAS a great product.

My ipad warns me that the app will slow iOS down and needs updating. Very disappointing. Use this a lot.