Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way to make it so you can bind a button that fully kicks the rudder on touch and on release it puts it back?

Thanks Tyler C

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have my 3 upper joystick buttons programmed left for left rudder, right for right rudder and center button to center all controls. I don't even know if the registered version of FSUIPC will do that.  I wonder if a twist rudder on a joystick will self center the rudder if you let go of the joystick?

....  I wonder if a twist rudder on a joystick will self center the rudder if you let go of the joystick?

Yes.  Well, at least on the the old Saitek Cyborg 3D and my current Thrustmaster HOTAS X stick it does (there's also a proportional rocker switch on the throttle which is sprung loaded to centre).

Is there a way to make it so you can bind a button that fully kicks the rudder on touch and on release it puts it back?

If you have the registered FSUIPC, yes. You could do it with a trivially-short Lua program to deflect the rudder to full and another to centre it. Then map these as the up and down buttons actions. For more sophistication you could use a timer so the rudder doesn't centre abruptly.