Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Upcoming UK / Mach Loop flights - some aircraft suggestions

Not with the Mach Loop journey, but can you imagine 4 L-39s practicing formation flying?  Hmmm?  :lol:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

That seems prudent, Ron, at least until one knows the route, but that would take some time.

Stew

How many of us will fly the L-39? I was initially going to resist the temptation of buying it and instead use the Milviz F-86, but I guess it would be nice to not get overtaken by badly textured Cessnas all the time...

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Our numbers are swelling as we speak. Hurry before they sell out. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Our numbers are swelling as we speak. Hurry before they sell out. :smile:

Not sure yet.  I do not have the L39, but I do have the Milviz F-86 Sabre, not sure if is suitable for this flight. AND after much consternation, I bought Steve's DX10 fixer and after considerable tweaking managed to find the sweet spot for water colour and shadows.  I will say its certainly a great change.  Still working on a few things with legacy airplanes, still learning how to adjust things.

I am in the final stages or readying my RV for a one month long trip to Utah so I'll see how things look Friday.  Perhaps I can fly for a hour or two.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The Sabre is fun for sure. Gets really lively when you push it at bit. However the L-39 is only €19.50 at flightsimstore.com and it might be more fun with more people flying the same.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Not sure yet.  I do not have the L39, but I do have the Milviz F-86 Sabre, not sure if is suitable for this flight. AND after much consternation, I bought Steve's DX10 fixer and after considerable tweaking managed to find the sweet spot for water colour and shadows.  I will say its certainly a great change.  Still working on a few things with legacy airplanes, still learning how to adjust things.

I am in the final stages or readying my RV for a one month long trip to Utah so I'll see how things look Friday.  Perhaps I can fly for a hour or two.

An F-86 should be very suitable for this flight!  Hope you can join us.  We should be getting to the Mach Loop something like 2030 UTC on Saturday.

If you haven't practiced flying the Loop, I strongly suggest that you do so.  Flew two rounds in the A2A Spitfire today, and will fly a few more in the L-39.  Do *not* try flying the Loop without a few practice rounds.  You have been warned.  That is all.  Stew out.

Stew

If you haven't practiced flying the Loop, I strongly suggest that you do so.  Flew two rounds in the A2A Spitfire today, and will fly a few more in the L-39.  Do *not* try flying the Loop without a few practice rounds.  You have been warned.  That is all.  Stew out.

Interestingly I have no idea where it is exactly.  So perhaps a rehearsal would be in order.

Practice? We don' need no steenkin' practice!  Mexican_sombrero_THUMB.jpg

:Applause: throw caution to the wind

Near CAM3

Since bringing up the L-39 I've been flying quite a bit. It's way better than I remember. The manual is a must, very informative, readable, i.e. not too jargonated and in places humourous. e.g. "6. Ride the spin until initiating recovery, or impact with ground, whichever comes first." :BigGrin:

It's what I will be using on Sarraday.

I don't mind getting another plane, it sounds like it is good. My hanger is filling up with great planes since I got my new PC in the spring, now that I can actually have fun flying them.  I just don't know if I would know what I'm doing with the thing.

Near CAM3

How come I can't quote Bryan's message?

Anyway, see if you can't download the user's manual and give it a read.  It's not that complicated, but requires a few check rides to get used to the aircraft.  After that, it's actually a lot of fun.

Stew