Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

We may AT LAST! get a new version of Condorsoaring ...

the perfect flight sim for you

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

yep, pretty much... actually I did prefer Silentwings concept and design / approach, but they stopped development, and Condor became the reference...

But this new version will bring long awaitied features for rl soaring replication in the sim... It was good News to read today...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sweet!

I currently have played about with Winch X and Cumulus X in FSX together with a freeware ASK 21. Cumulus X doesn't appear to display clouds in DX10 though... (I recently switched over with the Fixer).

At my local hill - yes I only live a couple of miles from the club IRL - I managed to thermal the glider up to about 3000 feet. Sadly, because this was in FSX, the other members I spoke to were not impressed LOL! (There's some freeware scenery for Bowland Forest Gliding Club).

In real life gliders I've now amassed 5 1/2 hours in 17 flights. A long way from solo'ing and much to learn in the future, but it's been marvellous so far!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Condor will give you a much much closer to real experience than even the best for fsx....

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I believe that is the case, even without the obvious eye candy.

I might try it out one day, but £45 covers quite a lot of flight time at our club rates ;) . Then again with Condor, you don't have to spend half the day on the ground helping out (that's why our rates are so cheap! :cool: )

Thanks.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I believe that is the case, even without the obvious eye candy.

I might try it out one day, but £45 covers quite a lot of flight time at our club rates ;) . Then again with Condor, you don't have to spend half the day on the ground helping out (that's why our rates are so cheap! :cool: )

Thanks.

And wifes / girlfriends really hate that part of our hobby.... Plus the yearly inspections / certification ( now EASA... here in Europe... )....

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig: