Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

HiFi AS16 & ASCA discounts...

Nearly perfect timing for me (for once) decided to pick up ASCA from FSPilotshop and found it was reduced - as are full and upgraded versions of AS16. Looks like it is at the other resellers as well, so if anyone is interested you could save 30% .....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

As a new P3D userI am looking into this so thanks, brother.

spacer.png

How does ASCA compare to softclouds from a performance standpoint? The single most detrimental thing to my FPS is when there is heavy cloud cover. I would love to get that minimized.

So far I can't say I have noticed a performance difference between the two. But didn't have much time to test it!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

It's a pretty cool package. Bought several nights ago. I was actually going to wait until the holiday sales (a rare act of patience on my part) so this sale was definitely nice.

If you're buying in dollars, pounds or euros, check the price at FSS. I think I spent $43 or $44 and change for both products the other night...

How does ASCA compare to softclouds from a performance standpoint? The single most detrimental thing to my FPS is when there is heavy cloud cover. I would love to get that minimized.

Same or better. I run 512 for both cirrus and cumulus because I don't like hard looking clouds and there is no FPS difference for me, but since they actually changed the physical cloud models to produce better effects, I get better FPS on stormy or overcast days than running ASN and separate cloud packages.

The only option in ASCA I don't use is the sky textures. I still can't find any sky textures that beat HDEv2. Granted sky colors can change depending on variables but I have never seen sky colors like ASCA puts out sometimes and just keep my HDEv2 sky. But using ASCA with full dynamics and all options ticked for both cloud sets and cloud models produces great results.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator