Sign in to follow this  
Guest srstever

Had to un-install BEV today for smoothness issues

Guest ScottPilot

Hello.Well after using the BEV summer package for a few days now, I had to uninstall it because it is just causing too many micro-pauses. They are the worst with add-on aircraft like the eaglesoft jets and dreamfleet planes.I had absolutely no problems with smoothness issues prior to installing BEV. But afterwords, I get all kinds of pauses and some stuttering.This is too bad since I really like how BEV improves the overall look of ground textures in FS9.I use UT - USA, Canada & Alaska with no problems, but after adding BEV on top of those, it is just more than my system can handle.I tried modifying the settings in the BEV configurator one at a time to try to isolate which scenery enhancements might be causing all the pauses, but this did not help much.Also, it seems that many of the features of BEV carry over into the other seasons besides summer. Like the runway textures, city textures, autogen, ect. I guess this is normal for the product.So I completely removed BEV and restored my original textures and no more stutters or pauses.Too bad. I guess I won't be buying any of the future releases, since smoothness of the sim trumps eye candy for me.Scott :-(ATP/CFII/DA20 Type Rated - Instructor Pilot - USAFA (KAFF), Colorado Springs, CO & at KCOSAOPA #00956593, since 1987Background in Corporate, Airline, and General AviationB.S. Degree in MISGamming System Specs: (Built this one myself)AMD Athlon-64 3000+ Gigabyte K8NS nForce3-250 Chipset 8x AGP Main Board 1GB DDR400 PC3200 Memory 160GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive 16x DVD-ROM Audigy 2ZS Gammer Sound Card (Set at BASIC acceleration)5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers256MB GeForce-5700 8X AGP Video Cotytech Gaming CaseCH Products Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Throttle QuadrantSaitek Cyborg Gold Joystic for Helo's & Stick equipped aircrafteDimensional Force Feedback HeadsetsSaitek Eclipse KeyboardWindows XP Pro SP2Home Network for using the Instructor StationFS9 Sliders maxed with other settings at their best quality positions.Average FPS: 25

Guest ScottPilot

I disagree. I didn't have any problems prior to BEV, and after installing BEV, I had issues with persistent pauses.Like I stated above, I have been tweaking the heck out of the BEV settings to get rid of my pausing issues with no luck.But after I removed BEV, no more pauses, no more stutters.So, that means there must be something going on with BEV's changes to the sim.That's all that I am saying. I'm not bashing BEV, because I really like this product. I am just saying that I am having issues with FS9 pausing and stuttering somewhat after installing BEV. Enough that I would rather have smoothness over the eye-candy.Scott :-hmmm

I have the same problem too. I just reinstalled FS9 after a reformat and everything was smooth as silk. As soon as I installed bev, I have micro studders all the time. I can't figure out why this is, as Bev should not change anything other than the appearence. I hate the default FS9 textures and wish there was a solution. I have been looking over at the BEV forum, but this does not seem to be an issue for most. Best regards, Jeff

Guest DC10Pilot

Scott-I also had probems with stuttering from BEV. Scott you are correct in your findings. Michael, they may have the same size textures but BEV does have increased amounts of autogen. I am positive that my stutters were also coming from BEV. When I uninstalled BEV the stutters were gone. So to fix the problem I just picked which textures I liked and manually installed them on top of my default textures. Regards, Jason

Guest Wichita

>I disagree. I didn't have any problems prior to BEV, and>after installing BEV, I had issues with persistent pauses.>>Like I stated above, I have been tweaking the heck out of the>BEV settings to get rid of my pausing issues with no luck.>>But after I removed BEV, no more pauses, no more stutters.>>So, that means there must be something going on with BEV's>changes to the sim.>>That's all that I am saying. I'm not bashing BEV, because I>really like this product. I am just saying that I am having>issues with FS9 pausing and stuttering somewhat after>installing BEV. Enough that I would rather have smoothness>over the eye-candy.>>Scott :-hmmmI'm seeing them too,but my rig is about three years old. Did you try just switching back to the default FS9 textures in the BEV configuator or did you just do a total uninstall?Usually what kills me in FS9 is the weather. I can't even really use real weather--way to big of frame hit,I have to use a theme or config my own weather and go light on the clouds.David

Some of the autogen textures are actually bigger than the default, so not only are they bigger, but there is more of it. If you are having stutter problems, you might try choosing the default autogen with the configuator and see if that helps. You might also try bumping your autogen slider a little to the left in your FS9 settings.Extra care was taken in the development of Vol II to be sure you have options for all textures that are no larger than the default. Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest srstever

Before throwing the baby out with the bath water (so to speak) there are a couple of suggestions that I'd like to make that will more than likely resolve the issues you're having.1)use default runway textures... BEV uses a 512x512 texture and default are 256x2562)turn your autogen down a notch... BEV using the max settings allowed with the SDK annotoator and individually places autogen, bringing the option down to the left one notch will provide you with about the same amount of autogen as you previously had on extreme with the default autogen3)don't use the BEV water textures... although the water textures themselves are the same size as the default...the enviroment textures are 512x512 and I believe the defaults are 256x2564)be sure to select the 256x256 farm textures rather than the 512x512 textures.These are the only areas of BEV that I would assume could cause any issues such as you have described. All other textures are exactly the same format as the default textures and nothing has been done to the coding of fs. BEV simply replaces textures and we've done our best to ensure that the integrity of FS9 was maintained throughout production. Since you have tested your system with BEV and without BEV... I would have to agree with you that something is causing something in your particuliar situation. With that said, out of the hundreds of owners of BEV...this is the first I've heard of a stuttering issue. Please try the above suggestions and if you are still having issues, please email me personally.Sincerely,Stephenadmin@flightsim-bev.comp.s. I do have one other thought that could be the possible answer to why some systems are experiencing stuttering. Since the first Configurator was built dependent upon .Net, it may be a possiblility that .net could be the cause. Our new Configurator II...available soon to all registered owners of VOL1... is not using .NET and perhaps that will resolve the issue that some of you are having.