Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

R22

Using small increments and testing helps.

Being able to use a higher "number of flight models" per cycle is also always good. XP10 defaults at 2 in the latest versions, but 3 is a good number to start with, specially when using more complex aircraft, like helicopters.

I have mine at 3 presently, and it doesn't interfere that much with the fps.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Using small increments and testing helps.

Being able to use a higher "number of flight models" per cycle is also always good. XP10 defaults at 2 in the latest versions, but 3 is a good number to start with, specially when using more complex aircraft, like helicopters.

I have mine at 3 presently, and it doesn't interfere that much with the fps.

That's a good tip. I have mine at 3 also.

Although I wonder if it might be overkill at high frame rates. I'm usually at a consistent 40 fps for most scenery (like the default KSEA buildings) flying a complex model like the Bell 412, and it only dips lower over the really dense urban areas with custom scenery. My setting of 3 flight models per frame and a consistent 40 fps means I'm running 120 flight models every second! Maybe overkill? It doesn't seem to harm the frame rate so I just leave it there. 

Anyway, it's definitely a good idea to use a higher setting if you're at a consistently lower frame rate. However, I think there is a limit to how much it can help when the frame rates are really low. You end up chasing the flight dynamics (pilot-induced oscillation) regardless of how many flight models are running in each separate frame. For hover practice, I think it's important to get up around 30 fps if you can, even if it means drastically reducing world detail.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I have always kept it at 3 or 5 but nothing more than that.

I think it's my roll axis potentiometer which is causing this issue.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

My first safe heli landing , but in the R44 :), what I did was kept the spot where I had to land with a reference on the wind shield and just pulled the nose up to loose speed and then came down a little faster but she was oK  :)

Lucky didn't hit VRS

I kept all the sliders to the left and it was good,

Good one this scenery for heli tranning!

And using CTRL-f to fail the engine and then practice autorotations too :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Thanks Jose / Tony I will check it up.

TBH it feels way different after modding the stick and the roll issue was caused by nothing but the gamepad I had taped on the extended stick so it oscilating.

I tried the C185 / C90 and all feel well , very stable in flight.

All flight control now to the left ;)

To the Left!!!! Go West !

Main Simulation Rig:

need skyscrapers to fly over

Try Dubai :-)

exactly my thought , there is a new scenery @.org Bahrain City and Qatar city pretty good. great fps.

But better if there are helipads on the skyscrapers, tried it in Manhattan with 15 fps :)  but the fps will drop then.

m searching for a list of world helipads

• Upvote 1

Another one I have is the Innsbruck hospital scenery with the helipad on top. It's not quite a skyscaper but it's good practice and nice scenery also

Another one I have is the Innsbruck hospital scenery with the helipad on top. It's not quite a skyscaper but it's good practice and nice scenery also

Payware or freeware ?

I have RescueX

Freeware. Just search for Innsbruck on the .org. There are a few versions floating around

Freeware. Just search for Innsbruck on the .org. There are a few versions floating around

roger,

but better x-plane.at it's the Austrian scenery stuff for XP. Currently downloading Austrian Landmarks and then the heliports.