Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Bond Repaint

Very nice video, I do like the shot setup for the rig departure.

And a textbook landing! (eeks... Landing Gear! Landing Gear! oh well that's what quality gauges are for, eh?)

Nice work on the MFD's too, there doesn't seem to be too much performance degradation there?

Something else to note about this superb helo: it's one of the few FS models that can autorotate.

If you shut down in flight, there's every chance you get it down in one piece.

Love the video Ed. I have to install some of those oil rigs now that I have AI helicopters going to a few of them, just haven't had the time.

Thank you for the kind comments guys!  :hi: 

(eeks... Landing Gear! Landing Gear! oh well that's what quality gauges are for, eh?)

After landing twice with the gear retracted I thought I better implement the caution as per RW manual.  (So used to dropping the gear with glideslope interception)  :BigGrin:

• ‘LANDING GEAR’ voice message, associated with LANDING GEAR amber caution, is active when the radio altimeter height is less than 150 feet and undercarriage is retracted. 

I could really go to town on the displays but I'll have a break and finish the Bristow paint. :Nerd: 

Nice work on the MFD's too, there doesn't seem to be too much performance degradation there?

The performance degradation is not my gauges or my sim's fps. It is the simple fact that to get gauge refresh rates that are nearly as good as the 2D one can only have one VC cockpit section in the panel cfg. For acceptable VC refresh rates three cockpit sections four at most.

The Icaro AW139 has Eleven! which gives gauge refresh rates that are unacceptable for flight  serious flight. IMO

I have whittled my vc section down to five now.... no left seat PFD/MFD.

Can't wait to get back to my 2Ds! :wub:

Feels strange to see a video of yours from the VC perspective :) Once I got over the shock I enjoyed it immensely. I definitely have to brush up my helicopter piloting skills, compared to you I am sloppy as hell.

Feels strange to see a video of yours from the VC perspective

Unfortunately I do not know of an AW139 that I can photograph. The 2D that comes with the model does not have the right perspective for me.   

I whittled my AW139 vc section down to only four sections to get gauge update rates that are acceptable to me.  :Nerd:

Looks pretty good... have you managed to complete an AP landing on the rig??

I wondered if you could swap out a barometric for the hover gauge radar altimeter, maybe.

Looks pretty good... have you managed to complete an AP landing on the rig??

I wish. I cheated with the final touchdown because as you know the hover mode of the autopilot has a fatal flaw.

It uses radio altitude for hover, the radalt of the platform and the radalt either side of the platform (sea level) is very different.

So unless you engage hover mode directly over the platform (and do not slip in any way from it's centre) you have a problem.  :BigGrin:

Ed, what pack is that GSF Galaxy III in? I can't seem to find which pack it is in.

Thanks. There was a few that I didn't download and the Jack-Ups package was one of them.

Hello,

Is there some where I can get a copy of this AW139?

Has someone done a new VC for this aircraft as it doesn't look like the old VC for this aircraft that I first downloaded for FSX.

Also I have downloaded the "Bond Helicopter paint scheme is there somewhere I can get the Bristow paint scheme from?

Thank you

Jarrath