Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Lear Landing Lights

Greetings!

Firstly, thanks to Flysimware for the Lear - fantastic package. However, I am having a problem with it....

I have a Virtual Airline that uses the FSAirlines client as a flight tracker. For some reason, the client sees the landing lights being switched to "off" once the gear is retracted (and it would make sense for them to be off once the landing gear doors are closed) although the switches are still set to "on" in the cockpit. Since the client sees the lights as having been switched off, the client issues a penalty to the pilot (me) for having the landing lights off below 1,000' AGL.

It would be nice if the recognition lights that shine forward from the tip tanks could "seen" as landing lights also.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Scott,

I have no VA experience and know nothing about the FSAirlines client, but it seems to me that is where your problem is, not with the Lear35A. The landing lights on the gear do go off when the gear is retracted -- the landing gear has to be down and locked for the landing lights to go on. Since VLO is about 202 knots, perhaps one simple solution for VA purposes would be to keep the IAS below that until above 1000 ft AGL (10 to15 seconds?) and then raise the gear.   You usually have to keep the IAS below 250 Kts below 10,000 ft MSL anyway, at least in the US.

Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for the reply. It was not my intent to imply that the problem was with the Lear, I know it is with the client. I'm just wondering if there is a simple solution, like making a change in the lights section of the aircraft cfg file.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hi Scott,

I'm not aware of any settings in the aircraft.cfg that would solve this problem for you. I would guess the landing light behavior is more likely to be specified in the system coding. It's unfortunate the FSAirlines client doesn't have the flexibility to accommodate realistic flight operations in this case.

Al

Hi Al,

Yes, there are issues with the FS Airlines Client, which are being addressed. I was just hoping there would be a simple (quick) fix for it.

Oh well, I don't have to fly for my airline all the time ;-)

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Cebula

Try making the following change:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin       

light.1 = 10,  10.80,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.2 = 10,  6.80,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.3 = 10,  3.00,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.4 = 8,  -1.00,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.5 = 9,  11.70,  -3.70,  -0.9, fx_vclight

light.6 = 1,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.7 = 2,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.8 = 3,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.9 = 4,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE

light.10 = 5, -0.00,   3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.11 = 5, -0.00,  -3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.12 = 6, -0.00,   3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.13 = 6, -0.00,  -3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.14 = 7,  6.00,   17.80,  0.4, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.15 = 7,  6.00,  -17.80,  0.4, fx_landing_3D_FSW

to:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin       

light.1 = 10,  10.80,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.2 = 10,  6.80,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.3 = 10,  3.00,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.4 = 8,  -1.00,  0.00,  1.4, fx_vclight
light.5 = 9,  11.70,  -3.70,  -0.9, fx_vclight

light.6 = 1,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.7 = 2,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.8 = 3,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.9 = 4,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE

light.10 = 6, -0.00,   3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW //Changed landing lights to taxi
light.11 = 6, -0.00,  -3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW //Changed landing lights to taxi
light.12 = 6, -0.00,   3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.13 = 6, -0.00,  -3.95,  -1.2, fx_landing_3D_FSW
light.14 = 5,  6.00,   17.80,  0.4, fx_landing_3D_FSW //Changed Recog to Landing
light.15 = 5,  6.00,  -17.80,  0.4, fx_landing_3D_FSW //Changed Recog to Landing

No idea if this is going to work, you will have to try it. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Ken,

Thank you!  I was wondering if changing some things in the aircraft cfg would solve the problem. Got distracted and forgot about it. I'll give it a try and post the result here.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Cebula

Hi Ken, once again.

I do appreciate your suggestion of modding the aircraft.cfg light section. Unfortunately, it didn't work insofar as the FSA Client recognizing the landing lights on/off.

Hey, it was worth a shot :smile:

Thanks  again,

Scott

Scott Cebula