Sign in to follow this  
Davidrebolton

Distant scenery objects not blending with scenery

Hey all, 

Hope everyone is well  :smile:

My sim seams to have developed this strange problem that I'm sure many of you must have come across in the past. As you can see in the following picture the buildings in the background are not blending in with the background/ground. It doesn't look like they are floating it just looks like a blending issue.

Is anyone able to shed some light on the matter? I have just managed to get the Sim running nice and smooth now I notice this. I'm at my wits end as I just want to settle down and fly instead of having to play around with settings ETC 

I have Fiber Frame Time Fraction = 0.01 in my .CFG could this be related?? 

This particular picture was taken in ORBX Germany region but have noticed the same thing in NIR also - latest library installed 

Please help me finally relax and fly

thanks for your time everyone 

:good: 

14vkzth.jpg

As I have just read, would deleting my .cfg and/or P3d shader cache resolve this issue? 

Many thanks 

I've had the same issue when using the terrain haze effect of the PTA tool. Disabling this effect in PTA solved the problem for me.

Do you happen to use PTA?

Ralf

I've had the same issue when using the terrain haze effect of the PTA tool. Disabling this effect in PTA solved the problem for me.

Do you happen to use PTA?

Ralf

Funny you say that Ralf my friend, yes I do!! ... I don't recall seeing it with the last PTA pre-set, with this new one however I do. I had my suspicions this could be the case but I spoke to the guy who made it earlier who claims not to have this issue.

I shall try disabling it when I get home from work on Thursday and/or load the old pre-set.

I notice also that in top-down view while zooming out it messes the whole globe up - also causing a similar effect

Did your airports and runways appear the same also as they became distant like the buildings in my picture?

Thanks a million for your input mate, much appreciated!  :smile:  

The haze look very nice. Unfortunately the haze don't seem to affect the distant autogen objects at all.

It did in Ralf's case though  :smile:

Maybe it was a dodgy install... After reading the PTA site I obviously Restored original P3D shaders but I DIDN'T Restore the initial config files  :Hmmmph: 

​Tomorrow I shall do both, download 1.6 (I'm on 1.5) and try again.... Hopefully this will cure it. If not I'm screwed 

Problem seems to be solved. Looking nice now with haze turned on.

Thank you!