Sign in to follow this  
joelpacheco

Not cleared for higher altitude 2.0.1.10

I think something is broken in 2.0.1.10 because now I am not being cleared for higher altitude after takeoff.

I tried two flights I have flown many times kphx-ksan and klax-klas with same result. In each flight I created flight plans with SID, START and Approach included.

Example in Loop7 klax SID I get cleared to maintain 13000. I get transfered to departure and to center but none tell me climb to higher altitude. If I ask for higher I do get cleared but in the past I always got steps to the cruise altitude.

In one flight I tried climbing wihtout clearance and ATC didn't complain either. Is like ATC is not aware of my actual altitude.

I check the configuration in case I changed anything, but I do not see anything that could cause this behavior. I hope is something I did wrong.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Joel. 

You're not going crazy.  I've actually had a few users, including myself hit this.

I don't know how this bug creeped into the program, but I've made a few changes in the next update that I think will prevent it in the future. 

If you could send me the flight plan you were on when it happened last, I'll use that in my testing.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for looking into this Dave. These are the two flight plans I mentioned:

KPHX JUDTH4 MOHAK J2 IPL LYNDI4 KSAN

KLAX LOOP8 DAG KEPEC3 KLAS