Sign in to follow this  
FromTheFlightDeck_Sim

Scenery issue

I have installed FSDT KLAX into FSX, but now I have the default FSX KLAX and the FSDT scenery on top of each other. What are the scenery priority settings in order to prevent this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the fsdt one should go above the sceneries in fsx.

I don't know how FSDT handles the installation, but here's an example of adding areas to the scenery library.

Within the Addon Scenery folder I create a new one - KLAX. Within that I create the subfolders - scenery & texture with the appropriate files in each. I then fire up the sim, go to scenery library and then click add area. Go to the KLAX folder and make sure it appears at the top of the scenery library list. That way it should be above all the default sceneries. Make sure you've not got duplicate BGL files for the airport - scruffyduck's simple airport scanner can be used to check this.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

the fsdt one should go above the sceneries in fsx.

I don't know how FSDT handles the installation, but here's an example of adding areas to the scenery library.

Within the Addon Scenery folder I create a new one - KLAX. Within that I create the subfolders - scenery & texture with the appropriate files in each. I then fire up the sim, go to scenery library and then click add area. Go to the KLAX folder and make sure it appears at the top of the scenery library list. That way it should be above all the default sceneries. Make sure you've not got duplicate BGL files for the airport - scruffyduck's simple airport scanner can be used to check this.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

I was able to find the issue. I figured I had installed the KLAX fix by BlueSky Sceneries, and somehow they seem to make their own subfolder designated just for that fix, and it was conflicting with the FSDT bgl file.

Thanks anyways.

• Upvote 1