Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

How can I move FSX flight plans and tell my flightsim about it

Hi All,

I have had to my folder entitled "Flight Simulator X files" to a new location. Can anyone advise me how do I "tell" FSX where the new location of the "FSX Simulator X Files" is please so that FSX can find its flight plans. I checked the FSX .CFG file and could fined nothing there. Thanks.

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry I was talking about moving the .PLN files from my Documents Folder to another folder of my choice and then telling FSX where to find the >PLN files.

Sorry I was talking about moving the .PLN files from my Documents Folder to another folder of my choice and then telling FSX where to find the >PLN files.

Unfortunately this is not possible. There is no path parameter for the location of flight plans in FSX.

Only thing that you can do is to move them somewhere else and then put a Symlink where they would normally be, pointing at the new folder.

But this could be done with an external app, memorizing your paths and then injecting the desired flight plan from the outside. Should not be more than a few dozen lines of C# code.

Thanks, the problem appears to be have been linked to the latest Win10 updates,  all is  OK now. I keep thinking about returning to WIN7 which I still have and keep current.