Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Bizarre - No AI Traffic in Most Places, Except SEA and SAN

Hi guys,

Again, to preface this, I am just in the process of returning to flightsim after a multi-year absence, so maybe I'm missing something painfully obvious. I used to run FS9 back in the days and now on my new rig I'm running FSX-SE. I've been in the process of setting up my sim according to my preferences. My pride and joy of my old FS9 install was the massive amount of realistic AI traffic. So, after installing my favorite addon aircraft and sceneries in my new FSX-SE setup, I started installing all the current AI traffic I could get my hands on, mostly from AIG. I used AIFPv3 to install and made sure the FSX option was checked. Here's the conundrum:

I see traffic at KSEA (T2G) and KSAN (LatinVFR). I see GA traffic at ORBX airports (PNW). I see absolutely no traffic anywhere else that I have tried, and that includes EDDF, EDDL, EDDT, LOWW, LSZH, EGLL (all Aerosoft), KJFK, KORD (FSDT), KMDW (FlyTampa), KSFO (Flightbeam), and none of the default airports I've tried. From this I concluyde so far that this does not appear to be an issue with the flightplans themselves or the AI aircraft, as, for example, Lufthansa's daily FRA-SEA flight shows up fine at SEA even though FRA is completely dead; likewise Southwest aircraft show up at SEA and SAN even though MDW is completely dead. At SEA and SAN I see all the airlines I should be seeing, but nothing elsewhere. Is this an AF problem? Don't all these fancy payware sceneries come with proper AFX files?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Misha

There could be a FS9 traffic file I have heard having one of these can sort of cancel out any FSX traffic files. AIFP can scan all traffic files and list them, do this to see if one is in FS9 format. Also search for duplicate afcad files that could be a reason why traffic may not show up. Or uncheck "aircraft ground shadows" some older models are not compatible. Off the top of my head these are the main reasons why.

Agreed with 777200lrf, it sounds exactly like one or more FS9 traffic files in your setup.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS