Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

MCP2 Cannot get it working with the Airbus

Hi All

New user here !

Have downloaded the latest Linda version and the latest Airbus Module.  When Airbus A320 is loaded I have the orange box around the name ' Aerosoft Airbus'

I have setup the MCP2 , all green and OK.  

there is not connection to the MCP, all it says in the comm window is 'Instrument Radio via VRiSim' and MCP-II/Boeing type V1.100...ect ect in the other window.

In the linda console there is an error : hidConfigCheck -Error loading config Cannot open file .....\modules\linda-cfg\aircraft\Aerosoft Airbus\config-hid.lua. The system cannot find the file specified.

Also another error: ....\mdules\linda/system/common.lua:4314:attempt to compare number with nil

Phew !!!!

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Update...I now have in the comm window 'Powered by LINDA V2.8.3  and in the other window SPD HDG ALT V/s

But nothing seems to work, I must be missing something.  Have I got to tick anything in FSUIPC as an example

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi alpha117, welcome to LINDA. I am sorry to hear you are having problems and thank you for the update.

The "Powered by LINDA v2.8.3" means that the LINDA is connecting correctly to your MCP2 panel. I suspect the problem you are having is that the Airbus module v4.3 is optimised for the VRI Airbus FCU panel and not the Boeing MCP. Have you checked out the MCP2 with a default aircraft (ie. the Baron 58).

For the Airbus, you may need to do some reassignments under the MCP Combo page to get everything working as you wish. This is because the MCP2 has many more buttons than needed for operating the Airbus but does not have the Pull knob button. The best test is to get the SPD, HDG and ALT knobs working using the config-mcp2a.lua file as an example. If you go to the Settings/Setup MCP Combo page and you can change the MCP type to FCU(Airbus) to see what is assigned there and then switch back to MCP2(Boeing) to program your settings.

The config-hid.lua error is because you have no programmed any of your joysticks. You need to assign something under Joysticks page and then save. Then restart LINDA and your Flt Sim to clear the error.

The other error you are seeing is related to display the Vertical Velocity. It is probably connected to the above points.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

OK, I can get to this state every-time now Powered by LINDA V2.8.3  and in the other window SPD HDG ALT V/s...so that's progress.

The Linda console window is now empty, another good thing, but still nothing on the MCP seems to work

Thanks, will get it sorted now I know what to do

Thanks

HAve I got to use the Aerosoft Airbus module functions, if so they look the same in both MCPs

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I would suggest you first load a default aircraft as the FSX Default module is set up to work with all panels. This will prove that LINDA and your MCP2 are communicating correctly.

For the Airbus you will need to use the functions to found in the Aerosoft Airbus module (half way down the list). Most of the function begin with AB_.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yep, got that, but the functions are the same weather I have selected the MCP2a or the MCP2. the name are the same

I have loaded the Airbus MCP into Linda(Picture are different to MCP2 :-)

Under HDG knob   +A: AB HDGplus

Now change back to MCP2 (picture are now like my one (restart LINDA)

Under HDG knob   +A: AB HDGplus

That the bit I'm confused about, they are already the same

Sorry If Im a bit slow tonight

Im using P3D, if that matters

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

The AB_Hdgxxx functions are the ones you want. One thing to remember for the Airbus is that the knob has to be pulled (rather than pressed) for any inputs to be displayed. This applies also to the Speed knob. The best one to check is altitude (AB_ALT_).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

OK, now with the default Baron.  FSX default orange. still only get 'powered by LINDA V2.8.3

I must be missing something very simple, but what I'm not sure

There is an error in the FSUIPC log

829453 *** LUA Error: error loading module 'linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/config-mcp2' from file 'D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/config-mcp2.lua':
...rtin\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/config-mcp2.lua:611: '<name>' expected near '}'

Appears a lot

788687 D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\Beech_Baron_58.air
   789656 Aircraft="Beech Baron 58"
   789922 *** LUA Error: error loading module 'linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/config-mcp2' from file 'D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/config-mcp2.lua':
...rtin\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/config-mcp2.lua:611: '<name>' expected near '}'

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I know what is causing that fault. I am away from my computer so can't give you a fix until tomorrow.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Good Morning

No problems, many thanks for you very quick help on this

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

This Mornings update

]Linda1_zpsbvk9hvjq.png

Also , assigned joystick buttons, but these are also not be communicated to the SIM

...and allocated  'keypress' to a Joystick button....not communicated to the SIM

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

There is an error in a couple of files for new users of LINDA 2.8.3. I will correct this with v2.8.4 but it will not resolve your problem. I need you to locate and edit the files listed below. You need to search for the line beginning ["LAMP."] in the Radios block and change it to: ["LAMP."] = Lights_PANEL_toggle, 

You need to check and edit these files:

\modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\FSX Default\config-mcp2.lua

\modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\FSX Default\config-mcp2.default

\modules\linda\data\templates\config-mcp2.lua

\modules\linda\data\templates\config-mcp2.default

Again I suggest that you concentrate of getting FSX Default working with your MCP2 first and then we can address the Airbus problems.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scott

Done, but I only have .lua and no .default

Any ideas why the mapped button on the SAITEK throttle do not work in the SIM?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi Scott, 

Final got it working with a deffault  aircraft (Baron).

Also purchased the PMDG NGX.  BUT  could not get LINDA to work with that one!

I have downloaded the NGX module, but no luck.  The MCP works perfect using the VR software, but I want to use LINDA as it is easier to configure the buttons etc.

What have I missed/or still need to do to get LINDA to work with the NGX

Again, many thanks for your swift help on these 'newbie' issues with LINDA

Also in the FSX Default folder there is 'config-hid-saitek.lua', does this need copying to the Airbus and NGX aircraft folders?

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Morning

Finally  the NGX now works. Only issue is that the SIM does not respond when you change the Transponder, not the 'mode' that's OK; it is when you change the 'numbers on the MCP the NGX does not respond.

So, all is good. I will test the airbus later today, but I'm sure that will work also.

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image