Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

A good supplementary GPS for p3d 3.4.9+?

I'm trying to figure out how to get the GTN750 to work on the ipad. I use a program called DuetDisplay. In an earlier version of P3D v3 it was no problem at all moving the display over to the Ipad, save the situation and always have the GTN750 show up on the ipad and work with touch even when my main screen was in full screen mode! I dont know what happended with p3dV3.4, but I can no longer get the ipad to recognise my touch. Nothing happends when I move my finger across the ipad screen, using the mouse to touch on the ipad however works without problem. Any ideas, any windows settings I missed, any Duet Display settings or P3D settings perhaps?

Mike  

Mike, I would go for the external version of the GTN750, if you want/can effort it. and since in your case you are not interested in a 3D cockpit version anyway. It runs as a separate program outside of P3D and performance is much better, especially if you run the app in a second PC.

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AvionicsSimulations/G750Simulator.aspx

Thomas

I think the present version should work by moving it to a second monitor (the ipad), no need to buy the expensive version, although something about the latest 3.4 version prevents the ipad from recognising my touch on the ipad. Any ide? Anyone using the GTN750 With latest p3d v3 and and ipad?

Mike

Mikced76 did you ever figure out what was wrong with duet? I am having the same issue.

I manage to get it to work. I updated my Nvidia driver and I also hidden the task bar. That seem to do the trick.