Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

"FSD-International addons experience."

Guest Glaudrung

Dennis,I think it's only fair to commend you for your loyalty to the group you test for.However, I have a slightly different opinion about the whole matter. Until my one and only running into with FSD I was an admirer of their work. Now I am very reluctant to buy another product. I use my PC for more than just Flightsimming and that involves reinstalling software quite often. The installation of FSD doesn't cope with that kind of stuff and when I came at the end of my number of alotted downloads, I got a rather short and rude mail to tell me that 10 installations wasn't bad for the amount I paid for that aircraft... (Maybe I can only start my car 500 times for the kind of money I paid for it...???).So I put the aircraft in the hangar, shelved the manual and erased the link to their website.I'm not saying that their products are bad and I'm not saying that they treat all customers as they have treated me. It's just that I have drawn my own conclusions... that's all there is to it.Luc 'glaudrung' Brusselmansps I have not one single copy of any item on my pc. Everything is paid for and my favourite 'shop' is flight1. They treat me and all of their customers with respect and don't start with a 'all customers are cheaters' attitude.

Guest Glaudrung

David,you're lucky. I got only one.Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

HelloI have all the FSD aircraft, at one time FSD were a bit hard to deal with but in the last year or so they have got a lot more relaxed aboutreinstalls and there support is good.Their C115TC is still one of my favorite GA planes and the porter is still the best bush plane around.

Guest Madtrapper

Hi Everyone:I bought the FSD Cessna 337 and must say I enjoyed this great aircraft.Then something within their download caused conflicts in my system.As mentioned above.... 5000 people no problems....5 people with problems.With only 5 people with problems you would hope you would get more than "Sorry its your system"...anyone hear that yet!...I was hoping for...lets see if we can figure this out since there is only 5 of you.Anyway,It is a great aircraft,but after my very polite contact with them and getting this irritable atitude from the dynamics guy.This aircraft is gone from my system and this one time customer is gone else where.Good luckBrent

I'm so glad that this topic has been brought up! This is a grat opportunity for me to warn future customers. I think that FSD is the worst of the worst. NOT THEIR PRODUCTS! I purchased almost all of their airplanes and NONE are installed on my computer. Why? Because when I requested new activation, FSD responded, but I was never able to re-install. You might get the airplanes re-activated, just don't be surprised if you can't install them.If you want to waste your money, like I did, order FSD's airplanes. I would love to buy the Skymaster, but I'll have to wait untill a GOOD company like Flight1 releases one. Because I know that I will only be able to install the plane a couple of times.I've expressed my discontent to FSD and I never felt that they believed my honesty. I've never posted disparraging coments about any company before, but I'm just so disappointed with FSD that I feel that I must warn those new to flight sim.I totally abhor the name FSD, and would never refer them to anyone. They're a joke. They treat their customers like they are useless. I've spend at least $100 and have nothing to show for it.DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!Jose OteroCFI, CFII

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm also a former customer. I purchased and flew three of their planes for a long time. Due to reformating/changed ISP issues I experienced problems when trying to reinstall. I wrote them requesting help and was basically told that they didn't see anything on their end that should be causing me problems. After several more attempts I was unable to reinstall these planes that I used to love to fly. Even though I requested new keys I did not receive them.I decided I would save myself allot of further frustration and grief by just not going there anymore.End of story.

Guest Knikolaes

I have the porter and Cessna Skymaster -- love em both. I had the commander and was NOT impressed with it. Deleted it but LOVE the porter and skymaster to death.I have a review on my web site of the porter to better understand my experience with her.And I don't see what is intrusive about the security they have. The skymaster and porter were some of the absolute quickest installs I have ever had.Now as far as customer service . . . . . THAT I do not know. I have never had any direct correspondence with them. All i did was buy 3 AC -- one of which utterly sucked and the other two I utterly love.I just hope the stuff I read in this thread about limits to 10 times, etc. are not tru, because I do a mandatory reinstall of Windows every 3 months to assure security and freedom from spyware, as well as I build upgrades to my machine almost constantly. This spring I am getting a new processor, memory and graphics card to catch up with the high end status I USED to have such a short time ago.If I cant reinstall these AC . . . . I'll just toss em and stick with Flight1, PMDG and LDS, as well as many others I have. Large fleet = plenty of options.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I own 3 FSD aircraft--Aerostar 700, Commander 115TC, and Cheyenne. I liked them all but they were tough on frames. I prefer Aeroworx and DreamFleet however. The only one I still fly is the Commander 115TC. I had no difficulty with re-installing, although it was a little more complicated than some other companies. They were very prompt and professional. My primary compliant is with support. The tone of their support forum is just not friendly, a little arrogant at times, and they have little patience with newcomers. There are couple of folks they seem to know well and give special attention to. But for the rest of us mortals, they are` quick to say they can't replicate the problem and if they can't replicate the problem it is clear that they don't care whether it is fixed for you. Here is an example: I posted several times with a problem with the autopilot--it wouldn't use increments less than 1000 for setting altitude. Several other folks posted with the same question. They gave a one line answer everytime: "we don't have that problem it must be a resource issue with you." I spent two long saturdays isolating the problem (swapping APs, testing, etc) and finally hit upon the idea of using a FSUIPC option. This did the trick. So I politely posted the solution in their forum so others could benefit. Their response was a terse "see, the problem was you." Moreoer, they said they knew about this workaround all along, but never bothered to mention it. I am not one who needs his hand held or anything, but I grown accustomed to the support of other companies (like Aeroworx, BEV, FsPassengers) who knock themselves out and seem to care whether ANY of their customers are having problems even it their own product is not to blame.The support thing just put me off the company, with so many terrific alternatives available, but except for that I can only say good things about the workmanship of their products and they seem very dedicated to detail (similar to Aeroworx).

Guest Airtime

>What is your experience with FSD-International>http://www.fsd-international.com customer service regarding>re-installing their software too often?Count me among former customers of FSD here as well. I have the C337 and the Aerostar, I had some annoying issues with both AC, but that would be off topic so I won't go in to that.I don't have re-install issues (knock wood) but it is the general attitude I got at their forum from their so-called support staff that turned me off of the company. There are too many other choices out there for my FS money, companies that really seem to care about their customers, even those of us that are not quite as seasoned as some others.That's my opinion.AT

Guest IanP

I have most of the FSD aircraft and have had good and not-so-good experiences with them.Some time ago, I had problems with the C115 - I tried to activate it while connected to a free ISP and it didn't work. After trying a couple of times, I gave up, switched to a local rate ISP and installed again. It worked first time. An hour or so later I received an e-mail from FSD asking whether I was having any problems and did I need any help? I didn't by that point and obviously they only did it because of the ISP switch, but it was a polite and reasonable e-mail.More recently, I purchased the C337 after reading some good user reviews and could not install it. It apparently activated, but as soon as it tried to start installing, it fell over with a critical error. The same happened with the everything I could stop disabled. Note that the C115, Navajo and Porter were already installed on the same PC. I e-mailed them and got a curt "We've received no reports of problems with our installers, it must be your PC" in response. I eventually got the Skymaster to install by rebooting in safe mode, finding a PS/2 keyboard and mouse because my wireless ones didn't work in safe mode (whoops! One to remember, that... :-hah) and installing it then. It evidently had activated, as it would not be able to in safe mode with no network, let alone internet connection.Something has obviously changed with their installer, as I have installed all four aircraft again since - the C115, Navajo and Porter with no problem, the C337 in safe mode with the same problem.I've read too many reports of people with installer problems now to believe that it's only me, I'm afraid, FSD Support...Ian P.

Guest LLgaz

Gave up on them a while ago too. Same problem with re-installations. I finally figured that since I cannot do re-installs when I want without being made out to look like a pirate, I'm just going to avoid them. There's loads of freeware and payware out there that's just as good or even better than the stuff FSD makes. I simply decided that since they're not the only players in the market, I'm not going to bother with them anymore.I wish them good luck. Its simply a matter of buyer beware. Get all the information you can about a payware company before you purchase.

Guest Knikolaes

Ouch . . . this thread is NOT making me look forward tomy next windows reinstall (whre I'd have to reinstall all FS addons that require activation).

I have several aircraft from FSD and receintly had a computer crash. All the planes I had from FSD were redownloaded, some with patches and upgrades, and new keys were received. All are working again. These guys are great. You have no worries if it was a legal copy to begin with.Same with Flight one.Joe W.

Guest Jorge Antunes

Same hereI format my hard drive often and never, but never, had any problem reinstalling my AC. Just key in my details to confirm the purchase and all works fine.Best regards,Jorge Antunes

Guest aca_dia

Ditto.Long before I did any Beta testing for FSD. I had almost every product and I did frequent reinstalls and made many key requests. FSD has always been fast, extremely courteous, and helpful when it came to any issue I had. As a pilot I have always found FSD aircraft to be among the most realistic and well done for MSFS.