Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

"FSD-International addons experience."

Guest anthonye

This has been discussed many, many times before. I would do a search for it, unless it has been removed, as usual.It usually starts a very large thread.... ;-) Anthony

Guest sbdwag

Well I'll stick my neck out here. I use to be a part of the beta team for FSD so my thoughts may be somewhat jaded but here goes.. and my opinion is just that and does not represent FSD in anyway shape or form.Unlike some other design groups FSD actively identifys and persues those people who cheat and steal from them. While some companys would rather not have the bad publicity and let the cheaters go FDS takes this issue very personally and righfully so. So when they corner them the cheaters try to use forums to spew any and all accusations toward FSD. That is why FSD gets a bad rap. The bottom line is if you do not try to take advantage of them you will find absolutly no group better to deal with. Their protection scheme is nether overbearing, intrusive or demanding. And in fact is much less demanding than many of the other Design groups. All it takes is a email or a responce on their website to get any thing you need in a very timely manner They give away more hard work in upgrades and free software than any other group and their products are top notch. And they will go our of their way to help you.Oh and did I mention the products. My personaly favorites go all the way back to the Commander in FS2000 and all the way forward to the current Cessna 337.RegardsDennis Waggoner

>Well I'll stick my neck out here. Hold that thought. I'm looking for an axe right now.>I use to be a part of the beta team for FSD so my thoughts may>be somewhat jaded but here goes.. Not jaded. Just completely biased and unobjective.>Unlike some other design groups FSD actively identifys and>persues those people who cheat and steal from them. While>some companys would rather not have the bad publicity and let>the cheaters go FDS takes this issue very personally and>righfully so. So when they corner them the cheaters try to use>forums to spew any and all accusations toward FSD. That is why>FSD gets a bad rap. And, for the record, a sizeable number of non-cheaters and non-stealers have been bitten by these guys' prejudicial judge, jury, and executioner approach. Dennis implies (quite wrongly) that all the folks who had problems with these model citizens somehow deserved to be abandoned.>The bottom line is if you do not try to take advantage of them>you will find absolutly no group better to deal with. The bottom line is that if you totally mask your aggravation and dote on them when their product or support network won't work like it should, maybe they won't immediately cut you off from all further support for the product you already paid for. Read a small cross-section of the legions of complaints and decide for yourself if banner-waving fans like Dennis here should be able to get away with denying the existence of legitimate problems experienced by others.>Their>protection scheme is nether overbearing, intrusive or>demanding. In fact, it is all of these things. I'm not the only guy that thinks so, either.>They give away more hard work in upgrades and free software>than any other group and their products are top notch. Tell that to Milton Shupe. Another bold, absolutely false and unsupportable exaggeration in this pile of hyperbole.>And they will go our of their way to help you.Unless they don't like the fact that you've expressed your utter frustration with their product and failed to praise them even as they are failing you, the customer.Sorry, Dennis...no sale!Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

>In fact, it is all of these things. I'm not the only guy that>thinks so, either.I know............... there are four others...Okay, maybe six more. But everytime this "line" of thread comes up, there is a handful of complaints suddenly churned into "legions" of complainers as you have stated. When all is said and done, it's still only a handful compared to a much larger majority of satisified customers; which is how it is, with just about any legitimate business.Over the years, I've read this same boring & repetitive topic numerous times, have been practically thrown out of here because of it, and get truely annoyed of it all. It's like any other witch hunt, in which names can be changed to go after just about anyone, if someone has the desire to do so.L.Adamson ---- no ties whatsoever to FSD

They're okay.A few shades below Flight1 but above MANY others. You always take a chance with "craft and boutique" outfits.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I have a 100% positive experience from these guys when it comes to re-installing issues. They have also always been incredible quick to answer my mails so personally I can wholeheartedly recommend them!/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest SJDickson

I too have had no problems with FSD support. They were very prompt to respond with license data when, through my own carelessness, I lost the licenses needed to reinstall several of their products. And they were also very responsive when I posted a problem on their forums. That problem was not resolved in the end but they did make an effort to address it.

Guest shanwick

>What is your experience with FSD-International>http://www.fsd-international.com customer service regarding>re-installing their software too often?AlcatrazRead the previous threads about this company and form your own opinion.You must be aware that when you install software that requires any form of on-line key, often referred to as a wrapper system, to install and use that software then you are dependant on the developer allowing you continued access to your purchase.Research before buying is good advice.David

For me, FSD is one of those companies - Capt Sim and Ariane are others - that I'm just not sure about, based largely on what I've read after doing the required research. This thread is a perfect example of why I'm reluctant to take the plunge with such companies. Other outfits like F1, DF and RealAir seem to have a warm glow about them, which means I wouldn't hesitate in buying from them. Trouble is, as a result of these perceptions I may be missing out on some excellent products. Ian

Guest Aidi

I'll jump in here with just a couple of comments... A topic like this has the scope to turn into a slanging match very quickly.. we have seen it before, so please keep your comments objective.To the original poster, if you have any questions regarding re-installation of an FSD product, I am sure if you email them direct with your proof of purchase, the reasons why you wish to re-install their product again, i expect they will listen to you and advise you on the best course of action. It is in their best interest to support their customers.RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

>I know............... there are four others...Another unhelpful exaggeration and attempt to deny the existence of a significant population of disappointed users.I don't deny that you have had a good experience with these guys...why do you and those like you feel compelled to deny the nature of my experience and those of others who haven't joined the FSD Cheerleading Squad?>>Okay, maybe six more. But everytime this "line" of thread>comes up, there is a handful of complaints suddenly churned>into "legions" of complainers as you have stated. It's more than "a handful," and more than 4-6 people. >Over the years, I've read this same boring & repetitive topic>numerous times, have been practically thrown out of here>because of it, and get truely annoyed of it all. It's like any>other witch hunt, in which names can be changed to go after>just about anyone, if someone has the desire to do so.Yet you keep coming back, so it can't really be all that boring, eh?As for repetitive...new people show up and ask old questions. So an old answer may be appropriate. And a negative opinion of a product or its support is not a "witch hunt." You seem to believe that a persistent good opinion of a product or company stated over and over again is just fine, but a persistent bad one restated is somehow a foul. No, it's a persistent bad opinion, and if not offered when someone asks, the rosy picture painted and re-painted by the ever-present fan club tells an incomplete story.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Guest shanwick

>What is your experience with FSD-International>http://www.fsd-international.com customer service regarding>re-installing their software too often?AlcatrazTo answer your original question since I originally installed one of their aircraft in October 2003 I requested, and received, three further re-installation keys. In an e-mail from the developers I was told that this "went beyond the strict conditions of the License".I am now barred from receiving any further keys but that is another matter which out of consideration for Avsim, and so that this thread does not descend into anarchy, I will not elicit further on.I would advise that you enquire from any developer exactly what their re-installation policy is before buying.David

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

Well bob that's quite a rebuttal.