Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

530 crashing on second waypoint entry

Thanks Ed - just tried it and sorry to say its not made a difference, I still have a CTD on FPL page when pressing ENT to load first waypoint. Hopefully LM can come up with something sooner rather than later - fingers crossed!

Are you running third party navaid update scenery?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm running your own mindstar NavData but also the Navigraph data too. The crash occurs with the Carenado C177, the C90 and their C340 - should I try other aicraft where I'm running the Mindstar GNS series but without a Carenado add on? Please let me know if I can do some testing on other types. The Carenado aircraft were installed using a registry tweak - not the Estonian tool, so this is possibly the issue? My crash occurs using EGPH (Edinburgh UK) and selecting UW (NDB 368) as the first waypoint from a 24 departure. Both EGPH and the UW NDB are old established waypoints (from 1970 something?) so I'm assuming it's not a new WP issue? I can test it on any of the A2A aircraft or let me know if there is a type you want me to try it on. Also using ORBX Global and Scotland scenery as the base layer with UK2000 EGPH layered above. Windows 10 and P3D v3.4.

Initial feedback on the fix:

I downloaded and replaced the .dll file in my P3D modules folder. I then added "ProvideAIdata=Yes

ProvideAIairports=No" to the FSUIPC4.ini file. The fix works! I'm going to do more testing to make sure everything continues to work, but so far so good. Thanks to all parties involved in the fix, I've been waiting to use my GNS for a while now. 

Using A2A Cessna 182. No third party scenery installed right now. Prepar3d 3.4 (without the latest hotfix installed.) Windows 10 64 bit.

I thought these paramaters were part of the FSUIPC file? Obviously not - I'll adjust and report back.

Gary

Many many thanks!! PHMUdreamin all sorted now, Ed sorry I didn't realise I had to manually add these to the .ini file.

Great to have the Mindstar GNS back again!!

Hi,

I have the same Problem. I have a CTD with GNS530/430 upon Waypoint entry in FPL. I downloaded suggested Fsuipc and applied the corresponding fixes in the .ini file but it is not working. I am using https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html as I need corrected frequencies for training purposes. Any suggestions?

Regards

You'll have to remove the navaid stuff from aero.sors.fr as it causes crashes. Nothing we can do to resolve whatever the error in those files are.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

thanks for the reply. As you know P3D and FSX are both a variation of using multiple add-ons and every now and then an incompatibility pops up. You always try to answer every question asked, thank you for that. But in this case it might be very helpful to ask the aero.sors.fr guy what could cause the problem. For us end-users it is just a crash we see when using the Mindstar GNS, even though it might not even be related -as you stated.

Greetings

As I have stated, the only correction possible on our end is to remove the offending files.  While I appreciate that someone might think we should be helping other companies/individuals fix their products... that is not something we have the time or resources to pursue.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69