Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

Wx and AS16 Questions

I have been a PATCX user - liked the software and support, but for a few technical reasons I am looking for another program to use.

W/ regard to P2A:

1)  The website says:

Pilot2ATC does not read weather from other programs. It does read weather from the web and bases its Runway assignments on that. This works great in X-Plane or FSX when they're set to real weather. P3D still seems to think they need to block the Web for security or something, so not very good at coordinated weather there

I see that others are using P3D and wonder if this issue has been resolved (I use P3d V3.4).

2)  If I am using live wx from the internet does P2A dynamically change the runway/approach/star based on changing wx conditions?

3)  If I am using AS16 and have in 'live' mode - since AS16 is pulling wx from live sources wouldn't it match (or come close) to real world conditions; therefore, if a change during approach was made it would in effect also work for AS16 (assuming it will change due to real world wx conditions).

4)  Finally, can I assume that P2A can be operated via my yoke to get off of the keyboard for a better flying experience?

Again, thank you for taking the time to help - any comments would be much appreciated.

Chuck

Chuck,

I need to update the web site.  P2A now supports several weather systems, including ASN.

2) Yes.  It sets up the airport based on the weather.  It doesn't always match what the SIM chooses, but it usually does.  For some reason the SIM doesn't mind tail winds. 

3) Yes.  Although, once committed to an approach, you may not get a runway change in the middle of an ILS, much like the real world.

4)If you mean can the Yoke PTT button operate with P2A, yes. 

I would suggest you take a look at the User's Guide.  It has the most up to date information about all these matters and others.

Dave

I have Active Sky 2016 and I cant get it to choose this -C:\Users\midni\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS16_P3D\Weather\current_wx_snapshot.tx.

How is this done when I go to WX and all choices will not come up?

You are supposed to enter just the path to the folder, not including the file name.  So remove the \current_wx_snapshot.txt from the end of your entry.

Dave