Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Flight1 MD80 IS OUT!

I just discovered this lock out of the tech support for the MD80 this afternoon. I've been waiting a looooong :9 time for an MD80 and am very excited about this release. In fact, I was about 98% ready to pull out the ol' credit card when I discovered the "lock out". Woah, baby! I don't ever recall this happening before from other payware aircraft, so my only thought was, "What have they got to hide?" I've now put back the credit card until I see some more user reports. Their policy may have lost a sale; at least for the time being. Most reports in this thread have been positive, but...... Mike

Mike,This is the new trend in which things seem to be heading. I don't really have a problem with it because most issues are brought to forums like this as well. I had some problems with the plane but they may have been sytem related and not the aircraft itself. I actually had really good FPS, but there were severe load problems for me. It is a very cool idea, and the small time that I was able to spend with the dog showed me that it has great potential. My comp just didn't like it for one reason or another. The best thing about Flight One is their refund policy. I have had to use it twice now and they have been great. The other reyurn for me was the Eaglesoft Cirrus. It killed my system performance wise. With that being said... give it a shot. There is nothing to lose. Also, I used the locked forum and I was one of maybe two or three people that had performance issues. There were very few and MINOR complaints. If you like the DOG...GO GET IT!Scott Burke

Guest FattyBear

They aren't trying to "hide" anything. I think they lock out non customers so that some troll doesn't post questions or just be a jerk etc.

I completely understand F1's concern with pirating and their lock out makes more sense to me now. In fact, I had a heated discussion with my 19 yr old nephew this past holiday about his pirating of software. He was of the opinion that he wasn't hurting anybody, and "that they made enough money anyway". An unfortunate view held by many nowadays. I just finished by telling him that he will eventually be on the other side looking in, and then we will find out if his opinion had changed. I'll keep a close eye here at avsim on the MD80 reports, and make my decision based on those. Mike