Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Flight1 MD80 IS OUT!

Can you use the Default FS9 GPS for Navigation with this plane?

Guest aarskringspier

>Can you use the Default FS9 GPS for Navigation with this>plane?> No I dont believe so.

Guest CWD

>Scott, >>Any software that needs more than 512 meg ram is going to be a>problem for you - like FS2004.>>Get a meg or more>>>AllcottI only have 512MB of RAM, and I get quite acceptable performance from FS9. Certainly no virtual memory too low errors.

Has anyone posted some user screenshots? Preferably in an AA livery?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>I only have 512MB of RAM, and I get quite acceptable>performance from FS9. Certainly no virtual memory too low>errors. I was getting ready to post this exact same thing. I only have one 512 chip and my performance is good enough for me. Would another 512 be nice? Yes, but I'll save my money until I can afford to do a huge upgrade.

I am interested to hear about this 15 minute to load problem. Anyone else get this?

If you have 15 minute load times, something is likely very wrong with your computer configuration (at least wrong as what would be required for the MD-80).I have a computer that is 4 years old, 512MB ram, and a 64MB video card only (Nvidia Ti 2000) and load time is about 45 seconds with the panel layers all active (for the ICTS training system) and about 1/2 that with them not pre-loaded. So if load times are super long, it could be system drivers (video), badly fragmented drive, virtual memory settings, etc. It could also be bad hardware such as the memory itself.This does not appear to problem at the support area, so most likely it will show up only on those systems that have certain configurations... Primarily, having issues caching data from memory onto the virtual memory located on your hard disk.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

>Landing (default Microsoft aircraft tie this with VC>instrument backlighting)The only choices here are determined solely by the color of the alpha channel of the VC's _L.bmp lightmasks:0,0,0 (pure black) will tie the _L.bmp's "illumination" to the LL bus.255,255,255 (pure white) will tie the _L.bmp's "illumination" to any light bus except the LL bus.The "secret recipie" for multiple control of VC lighting is the judicious use of custom control variables to "show or hide" identical polygons in the model: one with lighting applied; the other without lighting applied... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Fr. Bill,I was reading some more and on this cause I put Friendly Panels KLN94 into Flight1's C172 and when the Nav lights are illuminated the bezel and buttons all turn an awful color. Will change the bmp for this gauge just a bit and see what happens.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Allcott,Why have I not had any problems before? I have the PMDG 737 and 747, LDS 767, F1 727, F1 ATR, FT Emb 145, Aeroworx King Air, and about every GA plane available. The only other aircraft to beat my CPU into submission was the EagleSoft Cirrus. I do agree that more ram would be nice, I am just disappointed with the way the Super 80 killed it. I thought it would compare quite equally with some of the planes I already own as far as power is concerned. I disagree with you that one "needs" more than 512 meg ram to operate FS9.Scott

Thanks Steve,I understand that I am not in the majority here, and that is fine. I am not trying to flame or create bad pub either, and nor do I feel that I am accussed of such behavior. Sadly this will probably be a case where I use F1's great customer service and request a refund. In the future I may be able to increase my ram and give it another go, but not the best time of year for that. I understand that ram is fairly cheap now, but you get what you pay for, and I need some help getting the right kind. All the comp stores right now are swomped with the holiday shoppers and so geting good help there is pretty tough.I appreciate all the suggestions, and I have tried setting VM to system operation and defraged the ol HD. It still did not run well enough to keep.Thanks again for all those who offered some assistance both here and at the support forum.Sincerely,Scott Burke

Guest davidvoogd

Before you give up have you tried completely uninstalling - downloading a new copy of the file and reinstalling with it?

Guest dpc

The main reason I'm waiting is because the public does not have access to the support pages for this aircraft. You have to purchase the aircraft first. Reading a developer's support pages is usually a great way to help decide on a purchase. It lets you know if people with similar systems as yours are having any issues with performance. Dave

no need to wait it's the best (aircraft) addon in my honest opinion. A great way to learn to fly a great aircraft. looks great, functions great no waste of miney and I have no problems with the frames(middle range system AMD XP3000+, 1 Gig RAM, NVidia FX5600 256MB)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg